* But ‘Aftenposten’ wouldn’t tell you that, their headline reads:
“Killer claims compensation”-
* Well, just about anybody can be a killer, and what’s wrong with compensation? Perhaps the poor fella had a difficult childhood?
* Just in from the ‘Moonbats of the Midnight Sun’ Department:
A man who wildly stabbed fellow passengers on board an Oslo tram three years ago is now seeking compensation from the state. He claims he never should have been released from psychiatric care just days before he went amok, and his victim’s own mother agrees.
The stabbing spree in Oslo shocked police and witnesses.
Police later displayed the knife used by the assailant.
The man, an immigrant from Somalia in his 40s, killed one of the passengers and wounded four others in the bloody attack on board the #17 tram as it rolled by Bislett Stadium on an August afternoon in 2004.
* He was ‘a man from Somalia’- you see? Aftenposten wouldn’t tell you that Somalia is 99.9% Islamic and that jihad is incumbent on every Muslim. Why NOT?
He had been sitting quietly on the tram when he suddenly pulled out a large knife, which he’d just bought in downtown Oslo, and started slashing at everyone around him. The shocked driver of the tram brought it to a halt and frantically called for assistance.
By the time it arrived, the man had fled, hijacking the car of a passing motorist. One of his victims, a 23-year-old man who didn’t hear the uproar around him because he was deaf, was stabbed to death.
The assailant was eventually captured later that day and has been committed to psychiatric care ever since. Newspaper VG reported Friday that he now claims the state is liable for turning him into a killer because he didn’t receive the care he needed at the time.
His attorney wouldn’t elaborate on the case, nor would the organization that promotes patients’ rights in Norway.
State health authorities earlier criticized a doctor at UllevÃ¥l University Hospital for releasing the man from acute care without having a plan to follow up his treatment. An intern on duty had actually handled the release, but the doctor was viewed as being responsible.
Support from victim’s mother:
The victim’s mother, Karin MjÃ¥land, told Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK) on Friday that she understands why her son’s killer is seeking compensation.
* A true victim of the cult of political correctness:
“I understand that he needs a confirmation (that the stabbings weren’t entirely his fault) to get on with his life,” she told NRK. “Living with the knowledge that you’ve killed someone and injured four others, must be terrible.”
* Right. Have you ever seen a ‘guilty’ jihadist? After all they’re all just following their religion. But you can bet that this mother is not the only politically correct heart in Norway that bleeds for this guy.
She and her family have also blamed UllevÃ¥l Hospital for the death of her son. “We feel they’re responsible for the loss of our son,” she said.
* Incredible. Insane!
* A government that disarms its citizens is a criminal government.
* A society that gives up the right to bear arms isÂ a neutered society.