By TINA DAUNT, CAUSE CÃ‰LÃˆBRE
WITH less than a week until Iowa’s first vote is cast in the 2008 presidential election, the politicians aren’t the only ones feeling the heat: Celebrities, who have become important players in the political fundraising process, are under increasing pressure to campaign for their favorite candidates in the early caucus and primary states.
thanks to Weasel Zippers
Winfrey’s website has been buzzing for weeks with angry postings about her involvement in the Illinois senator’s campaign, something Hollywood, which always keeps its eye on the public mood, is bound to notice — this is a town, after all, that measures success by weekly grosses and daily TV
One posting on her site, Oprah.com, accused the talk diva of being a traitor. (By Thursday, that message string had attracted more than 12,000 views.) Another poster told Winfrey to “stop pushing Obama down our throats.” (There were 3,000 hits logged on that one.) Another said: “Do you really know Barack Hussein Obama? Scary & something we have to take into consideration!” (There were more than 4,000 views for that.)
* Oprah is a race hustler like all of them. She is s into the ‘black thing’ like there’s no tomorrow, nothing else matters. Her charity is black and so is her heart. She forgets who made it possible for her. When she goes to New Orleans its just a photo op to show that she helps blacks. When she goes to Africa she helps blacks, but she doesn’t even feel the need to help her own black people at home.
* Now take any white guy, say Bill Gates or the Donald, or any great benefactor like Warren Buffet, imagine if they would come out and say ‘we give charity but only to whites,- we will help the whites who got kicked out of Zimbabwe, or we will help white kidz who are poor and underprivileged, but stuff the blacks-‘ and the shit hits the fan! You’d have Ali Sharptongue and Jessy Jackass go apeshit! The black mob would scream bloody murder!
* But Oprah can do no wrong. This racist bitch is the darling of the lefty loony media that made it their business to misinform us daily.
* Some excerpts from a Debbie Schlussel editorial:
* Cheating husbands don’t get off as easy as Islamic terrorists, murderers, and torturers in Winfrey’s world.
* Oprah asked readers to understand “The Heart of a Destroyer,” Mohammed Atta. You remember himâ€”the Al-Qaeda ringleader of the 9/11 hijackers who murdered 3,000 Americans.
But that’s not exactly the way “O”’s “reading room” wants you to remember him.
Beneath a picture of young Mohammed and his smiling sister on the Egyptian beach, “O” exhorts you to read a book that “sets out to understand the hearts and minds of the men behind the photos” of the 9/11 hijackers, a group of “lonely, exiled young men.”
But the fatherless and motherless children who lost their parents to Attaâ€”they aren’t lonely, are they?
* In Oprah’s world, Muslims aren’t terrorists, and terrorists aren’t Muslim. They’re James Deans, Romeos, and Juliets. And it’s not their fault that they’re homicide bombers. Or Islam’s fault. “O” quotes Saudi-funded Islam apologist John Esposito blaming not Islam, but the desperate “context” of their lives. Reality: Most Palestinian homicide bombers, like the 9/11 hijackers, come from wealthy families, but they hate Jews, Christians, and Americans. That’s the “context.”
Oprah sux big:
* A post-9/11 “Islam 101” show â€”a pandering presentation featuring Jordanian Queen Rania Al-Abdullah. Rania claimed she doesn’t have to wear a hijab head-covering and that honor-killings of raped women doesn’t really happen in her country. Of course it doesn’t, since “her country” is a swanky Fifth Avenue New York apartment in the US, where she mostly lives.
* A September 2004 show, discussing the terrorist massacre of children in Beslan, Russia, on which Oprah banned the use of the word Islamic, saying the terrorists “came from the mountains.” (Okay, so they were Mountainese terrorists, not Islamic ones.) Oprah stated that the Beslan massacre was “a watershed because terrorists never before killed children.”
* Remember those murdered Jewish kids in Ma’alot (and throughout Israel) by the DFLP? I’m sure they’d disagree with the “Queen of Daytime Talk.” If they were still around.
* An episode on which a guest claimed Jews practice ritual sacrifices of babies. Oprah: “I want to make it clear that this is one Jewish person, so don’t go around now, saying to people, you know, ‘Those Jewish people, they’re worshipping . . . .’ This is the first time I heard of any Jewish people sacrificing babies, but anyway â€“ so you witnessed the sacrifice?”
* Ignoring the mass-murder, rape, torture, and slavery of Black Christians by Sudan’s Arab Muslim government, despite repeatedly teasing a group of Colorado children (who bought some Black Christian slaves’ freedom) that they’d be on her show. She told them the issue was “too complicated.”
* Refusing President Bush’s invitation to serve our country by touring Afghani girls’ schools on his behalf. The normally vocal Oprah had “The View’s” Star Jones speak on her behalf, saying the Bush White House “used” her.
* Repeated fundraising for “Women to Women, International,” a Muslim women’s charity that claims it stops honor killings, but whose spokeswoman denies that honor killings have anything to do with Islam. Right.
* Over the past year, Oprah and her publicity team have pushed Oprah’s latest weight lossâ€”to loud, gushy media acclaim. Oprah, girlfriend, if only you could have gained the weight of a conscience.