Useful idiots Alert
* with thanks to Mullah
* Political commissar Laurie Ferguson: “we have ways to make you like Islam..”
THE Rudd Government has offered to run anti-racism projects in outer southwestern Sydney where locals stridently lobbied Camden Council to reject an application to build a 1200-student Islamic school.
* Ramming the failed multiculti-shambles down your throat, Laurie saysÂ the diversity police will fix it:
Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs Laurie Ferguson yesterday expressed alarm over anti-Islamic xenophobia in the area, saying that while the council may have rejected the development proposal on genuine planning grounds, some in the local community had displayed racism. “You’ve got a community there with very few Muslims in the immediate area. There’s lack of knowledge, lack of interface connection and basic ignorance coming into it,” Mr Ferguson said. “What happened out there does show … we need to work with this council to erode this kind of bigotry in that community.”
* ‘Lack of knowledge, lack of interface connection and basic ignorance? Bigotry?’ Laurie, what do YOU know about Islam and the global jihad? Why should such a dumb, ignorant and bigoted man like yourself allowed to destroy a community with a failed ideology?
Camden Council unanimously rejected the proposal to build the 1200-student Islamic school on Tuesday night, at a meeting attended by 200 locals, some of whom hailed the decision as a victory against Islamic radicalism.
The community mobilised against the proposal after the Qu’ranic Society Dar Tahfez El-Quran lodged its plan with council last year.
Mr Ferguson said the council had made recent approaches to receive federal funding to run programs to help the community’s knowledge about multiculturalism. “There was a part of the campaign which was based on anti-Islamic xenophobia and that’s pretty worrying. These people should worry that when they start complaining about treatment of people overseas, including Christian minorities in the Middle East … this is a bit hypocritical,” he said.
* Laurie: better not talk about things you don’t understand.
“It’s a bit hypocritical for us to say we are concerned about some Middle Eastern countries’ restrictions on building Christian churches and restrictions on seminarians being trained if we in Australia start campaigns that schools shouldn’t be built because they are Islamic.”
* How’s that? Because Islamic countries forbid ChristianÂ churchesÂ and seminaries we are hypocritical because we don’t want to see mosques and madrassahs on every corner in Australian country towns and the cities? Laurie, have you ever heard of reciprocity?
Education Minister Julia Gillard avoided the debate yesterday. “This was obviously dealt with as a planning matter by the local council. It’s the subject of NSW planning laws and should be dealt with in that way through the planning process,” she said.
* Â Camden mayor:Â “nationalism cannot be tolerated”
Camden mayor Chris Patterson said the decision was based on concerns over the effect on traffic flows, not on religious grounds. But he welcomed the Government’s interest in helping to change community attitudes.
“We would encourage the federal Government to get involved,” he said. “We need to involve representatives from the federal Government to find out what help they can provide on this issue. They are the minority but any racism or nationalism cannot be tolerated.”
* Which race is Islam again? A race to the bottom:
* Islam is not a race, its a hostile ideology that doesn’t tolerate YOU. And “nationalism cannot be tolerated?’ Chris: who are you to forbid people to be patriotic???
* In other news: Deadly snake bites mans penis (no joke!)