Egypt: Kidnappers 'demand $10.5m'

* Piracy, kidnapping & hostage taking: traditional Muhammedan business:

             Newslink      U.S. navy tanker under apparent pirate attack off Somalia

BANDITS  Islamic terrorists who kidnapped 19 tourists and Egyptians in the desert have asked for Germany to be responsible for paying a ransom of six million euros ($A10.54 million), an Egyptian security official said today.

“The kidnappers have asked for the German Government to be the only ones to be responsible for paying the six million euro ransom as the condition for releasing the hostages,” the official told AFP, asking not to be named. 

Five Germans, five Italians, a Romanian, and eight Egyptian drivers and guides were snatched by masked bandits while on a desert safari to view prehistoric art in Egypt’s remote southwest last Friday. 

Egypt has said Germany is heading negotiations via the German wife of the Egyptian tour operator who is among the missing. Berlin has only said it has set up a kidnap crisis team. 

“The six million euros are to be given to the German wife” to bring to the kidnappers, the official said. 

Several different ransom figures have been cited since the group was first reported missing on Monday. 

The bandits have taken the group across the border into Sudan. 

Sudan has said the group is being held 25 km inside its territory at Jebel Uweinat and that Sudanese forces “are besieging the area”. 

Khartoum has said it has no intention of storming the area “so as to preserve the lives of the kidnapped persons”. 

Elderly travellers in their 70s are among the hostages being held in the desert, where daytime temperatures can hit 40 degrees celsius even in September. 

Authorities only became aware of the abduction when the tour group leader phoned his wife to tell her of the ransom demand. 

Kidnapping foreigners is extremely rare in Egypt, although in 2001 an armed Egyptian held four German tourists hostage for three days in the Nile resort of Luxor, demanding that his estranged wife bring his two sons back from Germany. (not rare at all in the Islamic world. Kidnapping for ransom and hostage taking has a 1350 year old tradition, going all the way back to the meshugga ‘prophet’ of islam./ed)

He freed the hostages unharmed.

8 thoughts on “Egypt: Kidnappers 'demand $10.5m'”

  1. I would give them the millions the demand. Explosives, and the radio control to set them off can be so small today as to be almost invisible. The minute they have taken their money, and are out of range of their ex-hostages, blow them to hell and gone.

  2. Another example why Westeners should boycot ALL Muslims vacation destinations –
    But I agree with Ciccio – blow these idiots to their Muslim heaven – where they must have run out of Virgins by now……………….

  3. * Kidnapping foreigners is extremely rare in Egypt

    I think Egyptian best practice is to shoot the tourists & blow up their tour coaches.

  4. Nov. 17th, 1997. murder of 68 terrorists in Luxor by Muslims – a significant number of women who were murdered by the muslims were also raped.

  5. Luxor i remind well,Entire family who was on a vacation trip had been killed,most of them was European,many from Belgique and Germany,Swiss too….I don’t want contredict you KAW but they didn’t have the time to rape the woman ,all the friend of momo had been killed only few minutes later after their Cowards act by security Police who was already on the site.
    He exist some footage of the massacre,taken by Tourist who are escaped.I saw it many times in documentary at T.V !

  6. We cannot seem to stop our political elites importing these savages, but it is madness to pay money to visit the countries from which they spawn.

Comments are closed.