* Â Since he cannot attack Spencer on substance, the Bunglawussi resorts to name-calling. Spencer, like all of us, is guilty of “Islamophobic Paranoia”- but this kind of smear has long lost its appeal. Let the people Â decide:
“In Stealth Jihad, Robert Spencer has performed an invaluable public service. He has ‘connected the dots’ on the enemy within, the Fifth Column that the Muslim Brotherhood and its foreign enablers have established in America â€“ and other nations of the West â€“ to advance the seditious program they call Sharia. This book should be required reading for every government official â€“ and everyone else committed to the survival of our country in the face of this ominous threat.”
Frank Gaffney, founder and president of theÂ Center for Security Policy, gives his enthusiastic approval to the latest exercise in Islamophobic paranoia from Robert Spencer.
EXPOSED: The Islamic plan to conquer the U.S. — not by terrorist acts, but by stealth
EXPOSED: The Islamic plan to conquer the U.S. — not by terrorist acts, but by stealthÂ “A vital wake-up call of a book.” — Former CIA Director R. James WoolseyThere hasn’t been a terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11, and Al-Qaeda is on the run in Iraq — and yet the terrorist threat is far from over. In fact, it’s more severe than ever: in our country Islamic jihad groups and their allies are concentrating not solely on terror attacks (although another one of those could come any moment), but on stealthy efforts to introduce Islamic law into this country, step-by-step and bit-by-bit — until finally America is transformed into an Islamic state. While the stealth jihadists may never attain this goal, they are already eroding our freedoms as they demand ever more accommodation of Islamic principles and practices — and politically correct public officials are only too happy to oblige. Now, inÂ Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs, jihad expert Robert Spencer unveils the full scope of the stealth jihad plan, and explains how the stealth jihadists are operating and the victories they’ve already achieved.
Muslims trying to take over the United States? It sounds unbelievable — but Spencer (author of the bestsellersÂ The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)Â andÂ The Truth About Muhammad) lays bare the chilling details of a secret Muslim Brotherhood memorandum plotting their strategy for America — a strategy of steady subversion and erosion of our freedoms and our culture, until finally Islam reigns supreme. He explains the all- encompassing, even totalitarian, nature of the Islamic law that the stealth jihadists are laboring to impose upon us, and shows the many ways in which this effort is advancing:
* by taking advantage of political correctness among government and law enforcement officials to keep them from even speaking about Islamic jihad, much less taking steps to resist it
* by demanding (ever more shrilly) accommodating of Muslim practices in public places, universities, schools, workplaces, and even banking and finance
* by smearing and silencing anti-jihad and anti-terror voices in America and worldwide
* by using “hate speech” laws to try to stifle all analysis of the elements of Islam that jihadists use to justify violence
* by transforming public school textbooks into tracts that proselytize for Islam
* and even by infiltrating the highest levels of the American government
Spencer also explains how the stealth jihadists can be stopped, detailing a ten-point plan that is far from politically correct, but may be our only option for survival as a free people. Here, then, is a much-needed wake-up call about a sinister agenda that could do nothing less than destroy the United States — unless Americans discard political correctness and face the threat squarely and fully. Stealth Jihad shows how we can, and how we must.
Advancing Islamic supremacism in America — by stealth:
* Terrorism without terror: the stealth jihadist plan to wage a “grand jihad” aimed at “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within”
* How stealth jihad efforts and jihad violence work hand- in-glove for the same goal
* The main player in the stealth jihad: the shadowy, sinister, internationally powerful Muslim Brotherhood
* The partners: the “moderate” American Muslim organizations that are actually part of the stealth jihad
* How Islamic law teaches warfare against and the subjugation of unbelievers — by any means possible
* Islamic law: the many ways in which it contradicts American law and custom
* How the common practice of Islamic organizations labeling all critics of jihadist activity as “bigots” and “hatemongers” helps advance the stealth jihad
* Washington’s politically correct policy of avoiding all mention of “Islam” and “jihad” in connection with terrorism — how it not only plays into the hands of the stealth jihadists, but was actually adopted on the advice of Muslim Brotherhood operatives
* How Islamic groups worldwide are using “hate speech” laws to try to criminalize free discussion of Islamic terrorism — even in the United States
* The legal jihad: how stealth jihadists use the courts to battle against their critics — and anti-jihadists in general
* Your house is our house: how efforts to force American businesses to change their practices to accommodate Islamic law are part of the stealth jihad — and have stepped up considerably in recent years
* Prayer returns to public schools! (As long as it’s Islamic prayer, it’s just fine)
* How efforts at accommodation of Muslims again and again result in Islamic dominance and supremacism
* Separate and unequal: Islamic separatism in America
* Don’t want to pay interest on your credit card? Simple: just tell the company you’re Muslim! How Western financial institutions are bending over backwards to accommodate Islam
* Readin’, writin’, and subjugatin’ the infidel: The stealth jihad in American schools
* How American public school textbooks have been Islamized under the noses of education authorities — and often with their naive complicity
* Education or indoctrination? The Islamic ideological straitjacket in American universities
* Saudi money and what it buys in American universities today
* Compromised: Islamic terror groups’ infiltration of the FBI, CIA, and Pentagon
“Robert Spencer makes a solid case that the major threat to our way of life does not come solely from those radical Islamists who embrace violence and terrorism. It also comes also from those who do not accept that they must live side-by-side on a basis of equality with those of other faiths in a civil society and who instead work in multiple ways toward obtaining special standing for Islam in our society and, ultimately, toward theocracy. A vital wake-up call of a book.” –Â R. James Woolsey, former Director of Central Intelligence
“Historically, the Islamist movement relied mostly on violence to attain its goal of a worldwide Islamic order. In recent years, however, the movement has recognized the limitations of revolution, coup d’etat, terrorism, and criminality — and instead turned to legitimate activities, especially in the political, educational, and media arenas. With his signature research, accuracy, and boldness, Robert Spencer has written a pioneering survey of this ‘stealth jihad’ whose ambition and subtlety threaten the continuity of Western civilization.” –Â Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum
Spencer: Whose Speech is Hate Speech?
“You must destroy the West” — so said a speaker at a recent conference featuring Islamic leaders in London. My column inÂ Human EventsÂ this morning:
“You must destroy the West” — so said a speaker at a recent conference in London. The conference featured Islamic leaders openly calling for the overthrow of the British government and the establishment of an Islamic state in Britain — under the noses of British authorities who, just days before the conference, had announced a new crackdown against “hate speech” and “extremist” preaching. The episode was instructive — or should have been — for proponents of the Fairness Doctrine and “hate speech” laws in the United States.The conference organizer, Anjem Choudary, declared at the conference that “as Muslims, we will not submit to any man-made law, any government, or any prime minister — Bush or Brown — or Jacqui Smith. We submit to Allah.” Instead of submitting, he called upon Muslims to rise up: “It is our religious obligation to prepare ourselves both physically and mentally and rise up against Muslim oppression and take what is rightfully ours. Jihad is a duty and a struggle and an obligation that lies upon the shoulders of us all. We will not rest until the flag of Allah and the flag of Islam is raised above 10 Downing Street.”
Choudary called on Muslims to dare to take the risks involved in participating in the violent overthrow of the British state. “There are three types of Muslims,” he said: “those in prison, those of us that are on our way [to prison] and non-practicing Muslims. Brothers and sisters, if you do not fear your home being raided by the Kufar [non-believer] police, you are not enforcing the Sharia [Islamic law].”Speaking via a live feed from Lebanon, Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, a jihadist leader formerly based in Britain but now barred from returning to that country, exhorted the conference attendees: “Do not obey the British law….We must fight and die for Islam — this is the map and road to Jennah [Paradise].” He praised Osama bin Laden and asserted that Muslims had no obligation to obey secular laws rather than Islamic law.
Ironically, this conference came only two weeks after UK Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announced that the British government was taking new steps to stop “preachers of hate from spreading extremism in our communities.” So would Choudary and the other conference organizers and speakers be arrested? Unlikely: a British Home Office official said that “the new measures…only prevent individuals from coming here and spreading their hate in person.” As such, they “do not cover” this jihadist conference.
Later, the Home Office and London’s Metropolitan Police played hot potato with the conference. A Home Office statement said that it wasn’t their responsibility to determine whether or not any laws had been broken; rather, “it is for the police and the Crown Prosecution Service to investigate any breach of the law,” to which a Police spokesman replied: “It’s the Home Office that makes the laws. If it doesn’t know whether something is against the law, then who does?”
Good question — and one that goes to the heart of the problem with “hate speech laws” in general. Even in the face of the London jihadist conference’s open calls to destroy British society as it is currently constituted and impose Islamic law there, no one is quite sure what constitutes “hate speech” and why hate speech laws are so dangerous. “Hate speech,” like the “fairness” that the Fairness Doctrine promises to establish, is in the eye of the beholder. Hate speech laws, like the Fairness Doctrine, are so vague in their application that law enforcement officials can easily become genuinely befuddled (like the UK’s Home Office) as to what crosses the line and what doesn’t — and that very vagueness can make them a tool in the hands of those in power to silence dissent.
As America welcomes a new President who counts among his supporters many who would like to see the U.S. enact laws like Britain’s hate speech codes and the Fairness Doctrine, this London jihadist conference illustrates anew that such laws create more problems than they solve. As jihadists in Britain speak openly about their intention to overthrow the British government, British officials would be better off dusting off and enforcing old laws about sedition rather than trying to figure out if some dangerously vague new laws have been broken.