New York: Muslim, Jewish leaders to condemn terrorism, violence in wake of jihad plots against synagogues
Said Rabbi Schneier: “It is reassuring to hear the voices of Muslim leaders speaking out in solidarity with the Jewish community and unequivocally condemning acts of terrorism and violence.”
You don’t say, Rabbi. You don’t say… is it really so hard to read the Koran and the hadith Â in order to get at least some basic understanding of what you’re dealing with?
- Synagogue Terror Target gave Muslim Girl her very own Prayer Room
- Ever heard of a mosque that gave Jews or Christians their own prayer room?
- New York: Muslims try to Kill Jews in Synagogue Bombing Plot
Pardon me, but I would be more reassured if they were unequivocally condemning attempts to impose Sharia, whether by terrorism or other means, onto non-Muslim countries. I’d be considerably and genuinely reassured if they declared unequivocally that they believed in living with non-believers as equals in a secular society on an indefinite basis. I’d feel much better if they were unequivocally condemning Islamic antisemitism and explaining how they reject the literal understanding of the Qur’an’s curses on the Jews.
Why is all that not only too much to ask, but positively “Islamophobic” even to suggest?
- Mosque leader: Would-be Bronx synagogue bomber is Misunderstander of Islam
- NYPD: Would-be Bronx synagogue bombers “wanted to commit jihad”
- Muslims who plotted to blow up Bronx synagogues were jailhouse converts to Islam
- NYC synagogue jihadist’s uncle: “He wasn’t raised this way. All this happened when he became a Muslim in prison.”
“Police Detail Disruption of Terror Plot,” by Sewell Chan and Nate Schweber for theÂ New York Times City Room Blog, May 21, Updated 11:06 a.m., via JW:
A group of Jewish and Muslim leaders have scheduled a 1 p.m. news conference at the Islamic Cultural Center of New York, one of the city’s largest mosques, to condemn violence.Imam Muhammad Shamsi Ali, the spiritual leader of the mosque, on East 96th Street near Third Avenue, and Rabbi Marc Schneier, president of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding and founding rabbi of The New York Synagogue, are to attend. “We call upon Muslim leaders to stand firm against the forces of evil,” Imam Ali said.
Rabbi Schneier said in a statement: “It is reassuring to hear the voices of Muslim leaders speaking out in solidarity with the Jewish community and unequivocally condemning acts of terrorism and violence.”
* Pathetic. What we see here is the Muslims attempt at damage control, nothing else. The Jewicidals ignorant, deliberate, delusional and cowardly groveling is embarrassing and humiliating.
* prediction: within a few days, the same imam and the combined forces of CAIR and the ACLU and Amnesia Intentional will claim these poor, misunderstood Muslims have been set up, had their rights trampled on and that they’re totally innocent. Stay tuned, don’t touch that dial…