* Interesting that Muslims make all these demands when theyÂ make up less than 0.1 per cent of the overwhelmingly Roman Catholic population.
- Perhaps the Poles need to be reminded Â of Â how our ancestors handled these demands:
“If politeness and ceremony be observed toward Mohammedans, they imagine they are feared and become arrogant; but in showing severity and rudeness, they are impressed with fear and respect, and they are supple and manageable.”
â€“North China Herald,1867Â
Warsaw – Polish Muslims want to change a 1936 law that requires them to pray for Poland and the country’s president, Polish Radio reported Wednesday. The Muslim community also want days off for Islamic religious holidays, in the predominantly Catholic country, and to recognise weddings in mosques.Â Â
The current law requires all Polish Muslims to mention the Republic of Poland and the president during Friday prayers, and regulates relations between the state and the Muslim Religious Association.Â
Other Weasel Links:
- Official: Gitmo Uighurs reluctant to move to Palau
- Jimmy Carter’s Love Affair with Terrorists Continues
- Iran: now its “Waging War Against Allah”….
- Saudi Arabia: War on Homos, 71 Homosexuals arrested…
“A Muslim religious wedding still doesn’t have civil effects,” said Pawel Borecki, of the Religious Law faculty at the University of Warsaw. “Followers of Islam also still do not have a guaranteed right to celebrate their holidays.”Â Poland’s Foreign Ministry is currently working with Polish Muslims on a draft bill that will abolish the required prayer for Poland and change the legal status of the country’s Muslims.Â
The new law would allow Muslims to take days off for religious holidays and would make a marriage in a mosque equal to a civil marriage, reported the broadcaster TVP Info.Â
Settlements of Poland’s first Muslims date back to the 14th century, when Tatars made their home in the Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth and practiced Islam freely in exchange for military service.Â
Today most estimate there are some 30,000 Muslims in Poland including some 2,000 Tatars. Muslims make up less than 0.1 per cent of the overwhelmingly Roman Catholic population.
* 0.1 % of the population and they already make demands for Islamic ‘accommodation?’- interesting. But when we look at the scriptures, what do Muslims believe?
“O Prophet exhort the believers to fight. If there be 20 of you steadfast, they will overcome 200 and if there be of you a 100, they shall overcome a 1,000, because the disbelievers are a folk without intelligence” (Sura 8:65).
“Not only is the ‘All forgiving Allah’ exhorting his followers to kill anyone who is not a Muslim, but he is also saying that all non-Muslims are so stupid that they will be unable to defend themselves and therefore deserve death!”