* Â Mona Â EltahawyÂ is an award-winning syndicated columnist and an international public speaker on Arab and Muslim issues. She is based in New York. She is also aÂ Muslimah with a blog and she detests the burka. You can google her on Wikipedia,Â and when she is not too busy writing for Â Puff Ho,Â Reuters and Â The GuardianÂ you can book her for speaking engagements.Â For Mona’s lecture availability and rates,write toÂ email@example.com
Mona resents women who wear the freedom sack and tells them “I’m not candy”- so there’s hope. For this reason I have posted a small excerpt and a link to herÂ recentÂ blog-post and then added some links along with some questions below.
Very interested to hear from you, Mona, feel free to answer at your convenience, really looking forward to that!
ByÂ Mona EltahawyÂ Â
International Herald Tribune
NEW YORK â€” I am a Muslim, I am a feminist and I detest the full-body veil, known as a niqab or burqa. It erases women from society and has nothing to do with Islam but everything to do with the hatred for women at the heart of the extremist ideology that preaches it.
“As a Muslim woman and a feminist I would ban the burqa.”
A bold statement, Mona. So you don’t agree withÂ Sheikh Saleh Al-Shamrani? Is your Islam the correct one or does the good sheikh read another Koran?
“Covering the face with nontransparent material is what (the woman) is asked to do, and this is what women who followed the Prophet (peace be upon him) were doing,” said Sheikh Saleh Al-Shamrani, a teacher at the Scholarly Institute for Islamic Studies in Jeddah.Â More>>
According to Al-Shamrani, even slots for the eyes should be avoided unless the woman has trouble seeing through the black fabric.
* Â How do you feel about Â husbands who starve their wives when they don’t feel like having sex? In Afghanistan, its the law:
An Afghan law which legalised rape has been sent back to parliament with a clause letting husbands starve their wives if they refuse to have sex.
President Hamid Karzai ordered a review of the legislation after The Independent revealed that it negated the need for consent within marriage.
And the West bows to Islamic supremacism ………… and it’s the women and children, nothing more than chattel, who suffer the brunt of it.
Obama say:Â “We will be respectful, even when we do not agree. We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith. . . . Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country. I know, because I am one of them.”
* The above Muslima is an example ofÂ blatantÂ denialist, but you are much too intelligent for that. I’m sure you have better answers, Mona.
Do you believe in jinn, Mona?
How do you feel about the oppression and the grinding down of Copts in Egypt, the genocide on the Arab Christians in Bethlehem and Nazareth, the Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh, and the constant attacks and discrimination against all the dhimmies under Islamic rule?
- Honor Killings increase in East & West/nothing to do with Islam, but only Muslims do it…
- Sisters Shot Dead for ‘Mixing with Unrelated Men’…
- (Maldives) Woman Endures 100 Lashes over Extra-Marital Sex…
How do you feel about honor killings and stoning for adulterous women?Â
Well, it worked for the prophet, so why should we look elsewhere? Does it work, Mona?
Do you agree with killing homosexuals, Mona?
Is wife beating okay? Do you agree with it?
Sure you know about dhimmitude Â and Islamic supremacism. Perhaps you could let us know how you feel about it…
Well, its all Islamic law, so how much of it is enough, Mona?
Since you’re from Egypt and 97 % of women have undergone FGM, I hope very much that you oppose it and won’t have it done to your children. But please, let us know how bad it really is…
Looks like there is very little tolerance once the sharia takes hold in a place…
- PMW:Â Fatah official: “Our goal has never been peace,Â Peace is a means; the goal is Palestine.”
Do you believe Israelis have a right to live in peace in their own homeland or must Israel be destroyed at all costs? Â Do you condemn the jihad against Israel and the jihad in more than 30 theaters of war around the world?
MEMRI:Â Reformist Iranian-French Writer Chahdortt Djavann: The Hijab, a Political Weapon and Form of Sexual Abuse, Should Be Outlawed
Thanks for letting us know how you feel about these issues, Â Mona. Looking forward to your reply!