The Yuman Rites Circus: Begging from ArabsÂ means dissing Israel
Daniel Levy’s Defense of Human Rights Watch:
You can read itÂ here. Levy writes:
The apparent trigger for this assault on a group that represents the global gold standard in human rights monitoring, analysis, and advocacy, was a visit by HRW’s Middle East-North Africa director, Sarah Lee Whitson, to the Saudi kingdom. I happened to find myself on a panel at The Century Foundation discussing the Middle East with Whitson just days before this storm broke â€” I went back and watched tapes of that panel discussion.Â To accuse Whitson ofÂ being soft on the Saudis orÂ somehow singling out Israel for criticism is quite astonishing as I’m sure you’ll agree if you take ten minutes to listen to her presentationÂ â€” of that, more in a moment.
The Israeli Prime Minister’s officeÂ stood up and took notice:
“A human rights organization raising money in Saudi Arabia is like a women’s rights group asking the Taliban for a donation,” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s spokesman Mark Regev said Monday.
“If you can fundraise in Saudi Arabia, why not move on to Somalia, Libya and North Korea?” he said. “For an organization that claims to offer moral direction, it appears that Human Rights Watch has seriously lost its moral compass.”
“Human rights champions…preach morality to Israel…while accepting the morality of establishing an apartheid, racist, Palestinian state which openly and proudly states its intention of being Judenrein”
Israel should stop speaking about “peace” and delete the word “peace” from its vocabulary together with such phrases as “the price of peace” or “territory for peace.” For a hundred years the Jews have been begging the Arabs to sell them peace, ready to pay any price. They have received nothing, because the Arabs have no peace to sell…Â
- Iran: ‘More arrests after fresh anti-government protests’
- Sagging polls, infighting, mean trouble in Obamaland
- Russia, France, Sweden and Germany all Demand Israel Stop Building in its own Capital
- Jordan’s Abdullah II clenches his fist
- Rivers of blood in the name of Allah:Â Â All the attackers were wearing traditional women’s burkas.
Beggars get in line:Â
- GORDON Brown last night begged super-rich Arabs: Buy Britain!
- Â The United States Â asked four oil-rich Gulf states Â 300 billion dollars