Winds of Jihad readerÂ eloivsdiabloÂ has ‘done his bit’ Â and got a response fromÂ the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, or rather his assistant,Â Stewart Foster,Â concerning Â Muslim asylum seekers.
The wording of the response is -almost- identical to the response sheik yer’mami received a few years ago when he wrote a letter to then Immigration ministerÂ PhilipÂ Ruddock:
Thank you for your email of 30 June 2009 to the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, concerning Muslims. The Minister has asked me to reply on his behalf.
Australia’s immigration program, including its humanitarian program, does not discriminate on the basis of race or religion. Instead it looks at what new migrants can contribute to Australia, reunites families and helps some of the world’s most desperate and deserving families to start new lives in Australia.
- Dear minister: it flopped in the past and it is an ongoing disaster. Why must we have more of it? Why is the Australian voter not entitled to a referendum on Islamic migration?
Muslims have been a part of the Australian community since the 1800s, contributing to almost every sphere of community life and to the development of our nation.
- 100 Afghan camel herders Â in the 1800’s did not make a “significant contribution” to the development of this nation.Â
About one-third of Muslim Australians were born in Australia. Like all Australians, Muslims are very diverse in their backgrounds and individually in the practice of their religion. Muslims constitute only a small segment of our population at around 1.7 per cent. While some people seek to create fear and misunderstanding about Muslims in Australia, the truth is that the vast majority of Muslims in our country are law-abiding citizens who reject extremism and intolerance and who live peacefully and strive to achieve the same goals as other Australians.
- It is not that “some people seek to create fear and misunderstanding about Muslims”– it is Muslims who are religiously obliged to “strike terror in the hearts of the infidelsÂ Â (8:12)” and to remove all obstacles to make Islam the law of the land. “And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah.Â 008.039Â )Â We would urge you to provide evidence that the “vast majority of Muslims in our country areÂ law-abiding citizens who reject extremism and intolerance and who live peacefully and strive to achieve the same goals as other Australians.” Â Minister, You might find that most Muslims abide by Islamic law, the sharia, and scoff at the laws of this country.
- You may be interested to know that, over the past ten years, the two biggest source countries for migrants to Australia have been New Zealand and the United Kingdom, accounting for a combined proportion of almost 30 per cent of migration. On the expectation that current trends will continue over coming decades, there is no basis to suggest the fundamental nature of Australia as an English speaking, culturally diverse society will significantly change.
- There is plenty of evidence to the contrary, and Europe is a blatant example for that. There are currently more than 750 no-go zones in France alone and we see the same trend developing in Australia. Â It is high time to reverse Â failed policies and we demand that action is taken immediately.
The inclusion of people from different backgrounds into Australian society is a two way process. Much depends on how welcome we make them feel in the wider community. We can all contribute to building a more harmonious Australia by extending a hand of friendship and reaching out to understand each other.
- DearÂ Stewart Foster, your offer of friendship might beÂ appreciatedÂ by genuine refugees who flee from oppression and persecution. Â However, that offer of friendship would be laughed at and ridiculed by peoples who are religiously obliged to follow theÂ Qur’an (5:51)Â -Â “O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.”
Thank you for bringing these matters to attention.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Multicultural Affairs Branch
3 July 2009
* Btw: I have also written to the minister, still waiting for the reply…