It is hot in Brussels. Ramadan has begun. The faithful in the predominantly Muslim borough of Molenbeek are not allowed to eat or drink from sunrise until sunset. Non-Muslim policemen, patrolling the streets of Molenbeek in their sweltering cars, are not allowed to eat or drink either.
As every year during Ramadan, they have been told by their superior, Philippe Moureaux, the Socialist mayor of Molenbeek, that they have to respect Muslim sensitivities and not to “provoke” Muslims by violating Islamic Ramadan restrictions in public. In effect, Islamic or Sharia law is already applied â€“ for everyone â€“ in the Muslim areas of Brussels.
- Jihad Watch: Ramadan: The Month of Jihad
- Jihad Watch: Escalation of Incitement to Violence During the Month …
- Ramadan time for prayers and jihad: It was duringÂ Ramadan that Muslims triumphed in many battles throughout the history ofÂ jihad for the sake of Allah — among them the battle of Badr in 624,Â ..
- Jihad: From Jakarta To The Whitehouse – “Ramadan Kareem” –
- Call for Ramadan Jihad in New York â€” Winds Of Jihad