Are you sending money to any of the 5 big aid organizations?
Chances are your help does more damage than good:
400,000 sponsored girls who are marketed by the big development organizations PLAN International, World Vision, Kindernothilfe and ChildFund do not receive protection from female genital mutilation. We have started a new campaign, at sponsoredgirl.com, to protect the girls from female genital mutilation. We invite our readers to come join us.
Female Genital Mutilation, Islam and Leftist Complicity /(FrontPage Magazine)
“Within the context of Islamic FGM, the barbarity is kept alive and legitimized by Islamic theology.”
As our readers will be familiar, Wolf went on a political pilgrimage to Morocco, Jordan, and Egypt and found a “thriving sexuality behind the veil.”
Obviously Wolf was not at all concerned about what state women’s vaginas were in within the sexual paradises that she visited and praised, seeing that the barbaric crime of female genital mutilation is perpetrated with high frequency in the areas she visited. Â Read more from JW
“Lets do it for them here so they don’t have to go back to the home country” doesn’t cut the mustard. We can’t allow this, period. Not a nick and not a cut. But here’s an article which tries to “balance pro’s and con’s.” What could be more important? Spero News
Will You Help Save a Girl From Mutilation? â€“ by Jamie Glazov
- Australia: Female Genital Mutilation is “Culturally Sensitive”
- Egypt pretends to do something about FGM
- FGM DownUnder: Girls’ hidden agony
- Europe’s Helping Hand To Female Genital Mutilation
- Female Genital Mutilation, Update
- We got mail: a Muslim poster praises Female Genital Mutilation as “yet another gift Islam gave to women like many others during Europe’s Dark Ages”
- Female genital mutilation “is part of the Sunna of the Prophet”
- Canuckistan: Mosque Teaches Female Genital Mutilation is Fine- Whishing Infidels “Merry Christmas” Same As Murder…
- Yusuf Rubs It…
- Female Genital Mutilation: Every Muslimah’s Entry Ticket To The Civilized World? Hell No!
- Genital Mutilation in Switzerland
- Al Reuters calls Genital Mutilation in Norway “Rite of Passage”
- “Female Genital Mutilation has nothing to do with Islam” Update
- “Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands”
- Separating Facts from Fiction: The Terror of Female Circumcision in Islam
Update: Â Austria
Forever deluded dogooders:
Greens’ women’s spokeswoman Judith Schwentner called for asylum for all prospective victims of genital mutilation, “a serious assault on the physical and sexual integrity of women and a serious violation of human rights.”
This is, of course, absurd and idiotic. We cannot solve all the problems of the third world and especially not those caused by Mohammedanism. Besides, it is cultural chauvinism to believe that we bear responsibility for their well being. We don’t.
The upper house of parliament has announced plans to impose strict punishment for genital mutilation of women.
Members of the Bundesrat wants tough jail sentences for individuals found guilty of female genital mutilation.
The upper house has decided that the practice should constitute a specific legal crime under German law.
Under current legislation, genital mutilation is merely classed as aggravated assault with a maximum prison sentence of six months. The Bundesrat now wants toÂ raise that to a minimum of two years.
Thousands of women in Germany, most of them immigrants, have suffered genital mutilation, which is still an active ritual in some parts of Africa and, to a lesser extent, Asia and Latin America.
High numbers of victims meant that Germany had to take action said the justice minister for the state of Hesse, Joerg-Uwe Hahn.
“The victims suffer all their lives from the physical and psychological effects of female genital mutilation,” Hahn said.
The women’s rights organization Terres des Femmes says some 20,000 cases of genital mutilation are known in Europe, with between 4,000 and 5,000 of these in Germany. Deutsche Welle has more>>