Some good news, for a change:
At issue here was not true hate speech — racial slurs, etc. — which are indefensible. Rather, the aim of such laws is to crush political dissent. The Organization of the Islamic Conference isÂ trying to strong-arm Western nations into imposing hate speech laws that will restrict speech about Islam they don’t like, including explorations of the motives and goals of jihad terrorists.
This was in Canada the law that snared Ezra Levant and Mark Steyn for anti-jihad statements. But now this ruling is a major setback for that effort, however, although all such a law would need in the U.S. would be an activist President without much attachment to free speech and five compliant Supreme Court justices. But that could never happen, now, could it?
“Hate speech laws violate constitution: Rights tribunal,” fromÂ Canwest News Service or Jihad Watch
- Family Hires Hitman to ‘Take Care’ of Westernized Daughter…
- Saudi Judge Says Victim of Sexual Abuse ‘Either Insane or Bewitched’…
- New School Year Puts French on Forced Marriage Alert…
- Christians Rush to Assist Mus-lims in Earthquake Aftermath…
To the millions of Muslim women whose persecutors you support — and whose enslavement you abet. ….more
- Islamist Groups Threaten Free Speech Ruling
- Obama’s Human Rights Disaster
- The Campus War Against Israel and the Jews: Amir Abdel Malik-Ali
- The Islamist Lobby in the House
Obama wants to change the system itself. He is a radical’s radical, with an authoritarian impulse. HisÂ Alinskyite training means that social unrest doesn’t unnerve him; itÂ plays right into his hands. Social unrest is both his modus operandi and his mid-term goal. The more unrest, the greater the crisis; the greater the crisis, the more excuse he has to use and consolidate central power in order to completely remake society.