“Terrorist Noordin Top confirmed dead,” fromÂ The Sydney Morning Herald, September 18 (thanks to JW):
Jakarta: Terrorist mastermind Noordin Mohammed Top was killed in a police raid on a militant hideout in Central Java on Thursday, Indonesian police have officially confirmed.
The 41-year-old Malaysian-born extremist was one of four militants killed in the raid near Solo, national police chief Bambang Hendarso Danuri told reporters….
* You made me do it!/ gee, I really hope we don’t have that kind of impact on poor Solkar…
- Sudden Jihad Syndrome: Egyptian Muslim Goes on Stabbing Spree of Christians…
- Malaysians Back Caning to ‘Promote Islamic Ideals’…/but surely this got nothing to do with Islam…
- ‘Beheading Expert’ and ‘Slaughter House’ Operator Arrested (Pak.)
- Willary Clitman Hosts Ramadan Ceremony at State Dept…/burka for sale!
- “…they “can’t be Muslim”/who will straighten them out?
Noordin led a hardline splinter group of terror organisation Jemaah Islamiah.
He was the suspected mastermind of July’s attacks on the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Jakarta that killed seven, including three Australians.
Authorities believe he also masterminded a 2003 attack on the Marriott, a 2004 attack on Australia’s embassy in Jakarta and the 2005 Bali bombings that killed four Australians.
It’s believed he also helped plan the 2002 Bali bombings which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians….
Noordin’s death will be a major setback for Islamic extremists throughout Indonesia and Southeast Asia.