CNN: Naser Khader, Tariq Ramadan and Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Thanks to Islam in Europe

Update: Show transcript added.

This seems to be a segment of a much larger discussion. I’ll update the post when the entire episode is up. Meanwhile, to sum up:

Christiane Amanpour – The Power of the Interview – CNN.com

Hirsi Ali: This is not a debate about religion, but about social and political values and there is There is a clash between Muslim values and European values. Just because Muslims live in Europe does not make Islam European

Ramadan: Muslims speak the local language and are law abiding and therefore, Islam is European. He seems to claim that the veil has nothing to do with identity, but, unless I missed it, he never actually gets around to proving his point.

Naser Khader: The burka is a symbol of political Islam and the majority of Muslims reject political Islam.

See also here.

Hirsi Ali: This is not a debate about religion, but about social and political values and there is There is a clash between Muslim values and European values. Just because Muslims live in Europe does not make Islam European

Ramadan: Muslims speak the local language and are law abiding and therefore, Islam is European. He seems to claim that the veil has nothing to do with identity, but, unless I missed it, he never actually gets around to proving his point.

Naser Khader: The burka is a symbol of political Islam and the majority of Muslims reject political Islam.

See also here.

7 thoughts on “CNN: Naser Khader, Tariq Ramadan and Ayaan Hirsi Ali”

  1. Since the majority of Muslims do nothing to change the violence in islam which is ok’d by Sharia laws – they are NOT law abiding citizens. The Muslims are directing violence against Non-Muslims and the crime rates are rising from Muslims.

    I am sick and tired of muslims like this Khader always wasting so much energy into telling us that we are wrong when the facts are so against what he says. But I suppose he thinks his scales are balanced and he goes home and feels so righteous and holey (misspelled on purpose).

  2. Islam is an ideology akin to Nazism camouflaged as a religion.
    http://godofreason.com/new-page-170.htm
    “… Islam is a 7th-century barbaric politico-military ideology with religious trappings designed to disguise a murderous ideology as a religion. Only 10% of Islam is religious, the other 90% is political, evil.

    Islam was created by Muhammad, an evil criminal. …”

    “Understanding Muhammad – Where Are We Headed” (p.255) “… NON-MUSLIMS ARE GUILTY OF NAIVETY. They are the ones who inflame extremism when they validate Islam as a legitimate religion. They have allowed unrestricted propagation of this NEFARIOUS CULT in their countries, unaware of what Islam REALLY IS. Islam does not recognize any other religion or system as legitimate. Wherever it comes to power, it abolishes all human rights …”

  3. Don’t forget that they played a big part in WWII. And a couple of their own influenced Hitler’s Final Solution. That same holocaust that they like to say the Jews made up. They had SS Mountain divisions made up of Bosnian Muslims, and al-Husseini hoped to bring that same thing to the Middle East. The Arabs were fully of like mind with Hitler’s hatred. And to carry on al Husseini’s legacy was his nephew – Arafat.

    And this was some of the early history of the Muslim Brotherhood. The same MB that has front organizations here in the USA with the MSA (muslim student assoc.) being their first, their recruiting arm in our schools. This same MB that has most all Muslim organizations under its wing (MPAC, ISNA, etc) and has pacts with the violent Jihadist groups oversesas (Al Qaeda, Wahabbis, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc).

    And only a handful of politicians are willing to even recognize this problem while none of them are doing nothing about it.

  4. The deciding issue is that raised by R_Not. Sadly, many muslims fail this test and stating that they are European is false.

  5. Political Islam is the root cause of the violence and warfare that is so common in all of the places where Islam is in contact with the rest of the world. In far too many places, Islam is in conflict with the modern national government. Example: Tribute or ‘poll tax’ of non-Muslims living in Muslim ‘lands’.

    Payment of this ‘Tax’ exempts the payor from military service. Taxation and conscription are functions of the modern nation-state. In addition, Islam has no ‘land’ to defend anymore than the Catholic Church defends the land that a church is sitting on in New York or Paris.

    History has demonstrated time and time again that wars are fought over issues like these. And this is by no means a complete list.

Comments are closed.