From the leftarded Globe & Mail
Tourist hospitalized after knife attack in Egypt
“Man dismissed from prestigious Islamic school allegedly stabbed Belgian man in southern city of Aswan, the site of ancient ruins”
(WTF? “Allegedly?” The Koranimal tried to saw the Belgian tourists head off!)
AÂ Belgian visiting one of Egypt’s major tourist attractions was attacked by an Egyptian man who had been dismissed from the country’s most prestigious institute Â (Al Azhar) for Islamic learning, the government said on Wednesday.
The Interior Ministry said in a statement that the Egyptian attacked the Belgian man on Tuesday evening in the southern city of Aswan, the site of ancient ruins, with a sharp object. knife.
- Jihad Attack @ Luxor Â kills up to 75
- The Jihadists’ War on Tourism
- The Jews did it: The “Israeli Massacre” At Luxor – Revelations/“false flag operations”, the Mossad did it: ‘Jewish fingerprints in the Luxor massacre’, Â the attack on tourists served ‘only the Americans and the Zionist entity…..
- Al BeBeeCeera worries: Luxor attack could devastate tourist industry
- Attempted suicide bombing in Morocco – Jihad Watch
- Gunman in Jordan shouts “Allahu akbar,” kills 1 in attack on …
- Videos for luxor attack on tourists, jihad watch
A security source, who declined to be named, said the Belgian was stabbed in the neck with a knife.
The tourist was taken to hospital, and the alleged attacker, 33-year-old Ahmed Twafik Mohamed Soliman, was apprehended.
An official at the Belgian embassy in Cairo, who requested anonymity, said the tourist was in stable condition at a Cairo hospital, but declined to provide any more details.
The Interior Ministry said Soliman had been dismissed from his position at Al-Azhar, which runs schools, universities and other educational institutions across Egypt and sends scholars across the Muslim world, for having claimed he was a prophet.
Al-Azhar, which is respected across the Muslim world, was unavailable for an immediate comment.
A tradition of “mental illness”
In the past, Egyptian security officials have described other people who attacked tourists as mentally ill.
In the 1990s, President Hosni Mubarak fought Islamist insurgents whose bloody attacks on tourists and government officials were devastating to the tourism sector, a mainstay of the Egyptian economy. That violence has largely receded.
The last major attack on tourists was in February 2009, when a bomb exploded in a popular Cairo market and killed a French teenager. In 2006, bomb attacks in the Sinai peninsula killed at least 23 people in attacks blamed on Islamic militants with links to al Qaeda.
“We’re not sure what the motivation was.”
Anybody? Any ideas?
“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” But if it keeps exploding in your face, then you might be wise to think a cigarÂ could be an exploding cigar. Not that I know anything. Hey, if a Muslim guy bangs nine passers by on the noggins, could be he’s mentally ill. Probably is. Lots of crazy people do crazy things for no other reason than that they’re crazy. I’m almost baffled myself.
VANCOUVER – A 31-year-old man with a history of mental illness has been charged with aggravated assault after nine people on Davie Street were struck in the head with a hammer Sunday night, the same day as the city’s gay pride parade.
Sudden Jihad Syndrome:
That reaction has four key elements:
1. Denial that the attack is motivated by Islam;
2. Strong hint that the attacker is insane;
3. Assurance that the attacker(s) acted alone, and that there is no al-Qaeda link;
4. Prominent publicity to the Muslim “community’s” expressions of shock & horror.
unfortunately the general amnesia and political correctness stifles any attempt to counter it: