A roadblock on the road to Eurabia. “Election triumph puts anti-Islam Wilders in line for Dutch Cabinet role,” by David Charter for The Times/via JW
In the wake of Geert Wilders successful election in the Netherlands, he Â was portrayed Â as the loser by Swedish media. Now they call it a success for a “racist”, “Far-Right extremist” and “Islamophobic party.” The four largest Newspapers (Aftonbladet, Expressen, Svd and Dagens Nyheter) all report that it’s a “sad” day for Holland.
Last night, Â Mohammedans in Sweden were rioting, stoned the police and burned a schoolhouse down……
Dutch Liberals slim win: ‘The Netherlands chose more security, less crime, less immigration and less Islam’ Wilders: Wilders proclaimed his party, which wants to ban immigration from all Muslim countries and cut social spending, ‘the biggest winner today.’
‘The Netherlands chose more security, less crime, less immigration and less Islam,’ Wilders told supporters during a televised meeting.”
Fires and rioting in Stockholm suburb
Rioting was reported in theÂ StockholmÂ suburb ofÂ RinkebyÂ on Tuesday night as 50-60 (Mohammedan) “youths” Â pelted police with stones and set alight to a building.
Rinkeby is home to a large number of first- and second-generation immigrants. Many of them are from Somalia, so the area is sometimes nicknamed Little Mogadishu.
- Man arrested over Rinkeby riots (9 Jun 10)
- Riots must be brought under control: Reinfeldt (9 Jun 10)
- Fires and rioting after MalmÃ¶ suburb unrest (29 Apr 10)
“It is a war zone out here, it is raining stones”, said one witness who wished to remain anonymous to theÂ MetroÂ daily.
According to another witness a bus trying to enter the deprived area was forced to stop.
“Not a single window on the bus was intact,” an eye witness said.
Police were given an indication that something was afoot earlier in the evening as youths gathered on the streets equipping themselves with paving stones.
“They did all they could to attract our attention,” saidÂ Mats BrÃ¤nnlundÂ at Stockholm police.
But police decided to react first when a building housing a mentor programme for young people in the area, burst into flames.
“We had to help the emergency services to get through,” BrÃ¤nnlund said.
In total around 20 police patrols with dogs wereÂ presentÂ in the area throughout the night as they tried to restore calm. Police vehicles were also subject to stone throwing.
“If you attack the police with stones and set alight to buildings then I would venture to suggest that it can be classified as rioting,” he said.
The fire services deployed 21 staff from three fire stations at the location, but none were reported to have been subjected to stone throwing.
A branch of theÂ NordeaÂ bankÂ was attacked at around midnight with the local police station also the target of stone throwing youths. Two men were detained in connection with the police station attack.
According to media reports on Wednesday the cause of the outbreak of violence could have been the reaction to an argument at aÂ partyÂ in the area earlier in the evening, but the reports have not been confirmed by police.
- Sweden deports Iraqis despite UN criticism/ Sweden deported 56 Iraqis to Baghdad on Wednesday in the face of stern criticism from the UN refugee agency.Â READÂ (4Â COMMENTS)Â Â»
- Five detained after MalmÃ¶ shootings/ Five men have been held after two shootings in central MalmÃ¶ on Wednesday leaving three people injured, one seriously.Â READÂ Â» (the shooters must not be named…/ed)
- (Musel-)Â Man arrested over Rinkeby riots/A man in his twenties has been arrested on suspicion of rioting after Tuesday night’s serious disturbances in the Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby. More arrests are expected.Â READÂ Â»