First we got this:
French strikerÂ Nicolas Anelka has been sent home after turning the airÂ Les Blues with his foul mouth rampage at CoachÂ Raymond Domenech after he was substituted during the defeat to Mexico. He is alleged to have said, “Va te faire enculer, sale fils de pute!” Which roughly translates as, “I f*kc you in the ass, Â you son of a Â (infidel) whore!” Lovely. Although, let’s face it he does have a point. It seems the Camembert is really beginning to stink.
Followed by this:
They really look French, don’t they:
Somali jihadists: People should not watch World Cup soccer, lest it “distract them from pursuing holy jihad”
But remember: those who report on stories such as this are the haters, not people like Hassan Shehata. Islamic Tolerance Alert from Egypt: “Egypt’s soccer boss says piety key to making team,” by Hamza Hendawi for theÂ Associated Press
Here’s an important update, in German:
- Was der Islam aus RibÃ©ry, Anelka und Co. machte/important observations and great insight, from Dr. Gudrun Eussner >>>>>
Then we got this:
Somali militants have threatened football fans they will be publicly flogged – or worse – if they are caught watching the World Cup onÂ TV.
Then they started killing people:
Algeria player Rafik Saifi slapped a female journalist across the face as the aftermath of the USA’s dramatic World Cup victory turned ugly at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday night
Nasty piece of work: Â Rafik Saifi
From Al Arabiya via the Elder of Ziyon
Al Arabiya quotes a prominent Egyptian scholar Gamma al-Banna (brother of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, but considered much more liberal) who said that there is nothing wrong with Motaeb being on the same team as Gershon, as long as he doesn’t become friends with him. Hatred for Israel is a given, he says, but asking him to not be on a team with an Israeli is going a little bit too far. Â No “normalization”
Then there are the fartwas:
The legal opinions proclaimed by Islamic scholars, known as fatwas, have proliferated in the Muslim world since the 1980s. The growth in fatwas – some of them contradictory – has led to debate over who can legitimately issue them. As part of a government drive to eliminate frivolous fatwas, the Saudi newspaper Al Watan recently published one such edict setting out new rules for football. We publish an edited translation below.
In the name of God the merciful and benevolent:
1. International terminology that heretics use, such as “foul,” “penalty”, “corner,” “goal”, “out” and others, should be abandoned and not said. Whoever says them should be punished and ejected from the game.
2. Do not call “foul” and stop the game if someone falls and sprains a hand or foot or the ball touches his hand, and do not give a yellow or red card to whoever was responsible for the injury or tackle. Instead, it should be adjudicated according to Sharia rulings concerning broken bones and injuries.
3. Do not follow the heretics, the Jews, the Christians and especially evil America regarding the number of players. Do not play with 11 people. Add to this number or decrease it.
4. Play in your regular clothes or your pyjamas or something like that, but not coloured shorts and numbered T-shirts, because shorts and T-shirts are not Muslim clothing. Rather, they are heretical and western clothing, so beware of imitating their fashion.
5. If you have fulfilled these conditions and intend to play soccer, play to strengthen the body in order better to struggle in the way of God on high and to prepare the body for when it is called to jihad. Soccer is not for passing time or the thrill of so-called victory.
6. Do not play in two halves. Rather, play in one half or three halves in order to completely differentiate yourselves from the heretics, the corrupted and the disobedient.
7. If neither of you beats the other, or “wins”, as it is called, and neither puts the leather between the posts, do not add extra time or penalties. Instead leave the field, because winning with extra time and penalty kicks is the pinnacle of imitating heretics and international rules.
8. Young crowds should not gather to watch when you play because if you are there for the sake of sports and strengthening your bodies as you claimed, why would people watch you? You should make them join your physical fitness and jihad preparation, or you should say: “Go proselytise and seek out morally reprehensible acts in the markets and the press and leave us to our physical fitness.”
9. You should spit in the face of whoever puts the ball between the posts or uprights and then runs in order to get his friends to follow him and hug him like players in America or France do, and you should punish him, for what is the relationship between celebrating, hugging and kissing and the sports that you are practising?
10. You should use two posts instead of three pieces of wood or steel that you erect in order to put the ball between them, meaning that you should remove the crossbar in order not to imitate the heretics and in order to be entirely distinct from the soccer system’s despotic international rules.
11. Do not do what is called “substitution,” that is, taking the place of someone who has fallen, because this is a practice of the heretics in America and elsewhere
Credit to Shiva for this