But but but: Â isn’t ‘Global Warming’ the greatest challenge of our time?
Islamic states pressuring UN to condemn Qur’an-burning
Bible burning, church burning (with Christians inside) Â and the killing of Â unbelievers in Islamic countries is of course no problemo. But when you burn a Koran, Â the poor Muslims are forced to kill you and that could cause ‘anti-Muslim violence’, what could be worse than that?
- OIC: “Islamophobia a Clear and Present Danger to Global Peace and …
- “Those who oppose Islam cause wars and are responsible for them …
This is part of the Organization of the Islamic Conference’s ongoing campaign to pressure Western states to criminalize criticism of Islam as “hate speech,” thus rendering them mute and defenseless in the face of the advancing jihad. “Islamic states push UN to condemn Koran burning,” by Robert Evans forÂ Reuters, September 22:
GENEVA, Sept 22 (Reuters) – Islamic states sought on Wednesday to have the United Nations human rights council condemn a U.S. pastor’s suspended plan to burn Korans, saying it was part of a pattern of global anti-Muslim violence. A resolution submitted by Pakistan for the 57-nation Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) asks the council to speak out against what it dubbed “the recent call by an extremist group to organise a ‘Burn a Koran Day’.”
- Iranian security forces burn hundreds of Bibles, Christians riot — no, wait…
- Egyptian Muslim cleric: “Just like Allah destroyed the Byzantine and Persian empires, He will destroy the West at the hands of the Muslims”
- “Soldiers of Islam” abduct employees of French firm in Niger
- Pakistan: “Miscreants” burn Karachi church
The resolution, which diplomats said was likely to be passed as the OIC and its allies have a majority on the 47-nation body, made no reference to condemnation of the plan by President Barack Obama and other U.S. and foreign leaders.
But it said the project, championed by little-known Florida preacher Terry Jones, was among “instances of intolerance, discrimination, profiling and acts of violence against Muslims occurring in many parts of the world.”
The move came amid increasing efforts by the OIC — which has Russia, China and Asian and African states as allies in the council — to have the U.N. recognise “Islamophobia” as racism and open to challenge under international law….
In speeches in Geneva over the past few days, OIC secretary-general Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu of Turkey has also argued that Jones’ plan underscored his grouping’s long-standing demands for a U.N.- backed ban on “defamation of religion”….
European diplomats said they were unlikely to vote against the OIC resolution, as their governments had already condemned the Koran burning idea, but feared it would be used to increase pressure for actions on defamation and “Islamophobia.”…
No kidding, really?
- For PuffHo Islamophobia Is Bad But Anti-Catholicism Â = Cooool!
- Slick Willie’s “Brilliance”
- Disgraced White House correspondent Helen Thomas is having a gala thrown for her in November by theÂ American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee