Cairo Time: new romantic blockbuster from the White House (The Peoples Cube)
From the same people who brought you Stimulus, WTF, Sputnik Moment, and Eat Your Broccoli… a heart-wrenching international blockbuster of our times: Cairo Time… starring Hosni Mubarak, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton.
Sometimes you need to forget about national interests and remember your heart…
And they’re selling. “Al-Qaida in Iraq urges people to wage Jihad in Egypt,” fromXinhua, February 9 (thanks to JW) Sure puts another spin on “free marketplace of ideas…”
“Fundamentally alter the nature of nation states…”Read More Â»
Banned but “tolerated”
One of the greatest beneficiaries of the unrest in Egypt has been theÂ Muslim Brotherhood.Â Banned but tolerated for decades by successive Egyptian regimes, the Islamist movement is now emerging as a centralÂ playerÂ in the country’s resurgent opposition.
Code Pink is on the frontline:
What could be worse for Code Pinkos agitating in Egypt than to beÂ rescued by one of theÂ oil companiesÂ they so noisily loathe? For these avidly antimilitary (examplesÂ here,Â here,Â here,Â here,Â here,here, andÂ here) harpies, only one thing: to be rescued by a pro-American army officer.
Thousands of factory workers stay away from work as pro-democracy protesters continue to rally seeking Mubarak’s ouster. (Al Jizz)
CAIRO â€“ Thousands of workers went on strike Wednesday across Egypt, adding a new dimension to the uprising as public rage turned to the vast wealth President Hosni Mubarak’s family reportedly amassed while close to half the country struggled near the poverty line.
According to Middle East experts, $40 to $70 billion is a fairly standard net worth for rulers in the region, as many autocrats stash away funds in order to keep themselves well-heeled in the event of a government transition.
Getting ready to roll: Will he be Egypt’s Ayatollah Khomeini?
Yussuf al-Qaradawi, the world’s most popular and authoritative Sunni cleric, is a Muslim Brotherhood-aligned Egyptian based in Qatar. A return to his home country would be dangerous for Israel and the West. (Source)
Somehow I get the impression they don’t mean ‘inner struggle’, what say you?
The Muslim Brotherhood’s goals for Egypt and the world, including the U.S., made plain: “The Muslim Brotherhood – in its own words: PMW translation of ‘Jihad is the way’ by Mustafa Mashhur, Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, 1996-2002,” by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik forÂ Palestinian Media Watch, February 9:
One of the results of the turmoil in Egypt is the rise in influence of the Muslim Brotherhood. In order to understand the implications, Palestinian Media Watch has translated the book Jihad is the way by Mustafa Mashhur, who was the official leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt 1996-2002. The book is the fifth volume of his full work called The Laws of Da’wa (Islamic missionary activity).
In his book, Jihad is the way, Mashhur explains the fundamental concepts of the Muslim Brotherhood ideology. Mashhur’s teachings encompass subjects such as the Muslim Brotherhood’s goal of establishing an Islamic state, world domination under Islam, the public and personal religious duty of military Jihad, and the warning not to rush to Jihad until it is prepared and timed for maximum benefit.Click to view full translation in PDF
PMW has selected the following quotes from Jihad is the way to illustrate central ideas of Muslim Brotherhood ideology. PMW’s translation of the book follows below.
National goal: Islamic world domination
– “…the Islamic Ummah [nation]… can regain its power and be liberated and assume its rightful position which was intended by Allah, as the most exalted nation among men , as the leaders of humanity…”
– “…know your status, and believe firmly that you are the masters of the world, even if your enemies desire your degradation…”
– “It should be known that Jihad and preparation towards Jihad are not only for the purpose of fending-off assaults and attacks of Allah’s enemies from Muslims, but are also for the purpose of realizing the great task of establishing an Islamic state and strengthening the religion and spreading it around the world…”
– “…Jihad for Allah is not limited to the specific region of the Islamic countries, since the Muslim homeland is one and is not divided, and the banner of Jihad has already been raised in some of its parts, and it shall continue to be raised, with the help of Allah, until every inch of the land of Islam will be liberated, the State of Islam will be established,…”
Means: Jihad – a mandatory religious duty
-“Then comes the power of arms and weapons,… and this is the role of Jihad.”
– “Jihad is a religious public duty… incumbent upon the Islamic nation, and is a personal duty to fend off the infidels’ attack on the nation…”
– “And the youth should know that the problems of the Islamic world, such as Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, Eritrea, or the Philippines, are not issues of territories and nations, but of faith and religion. They are problems of Islam and all Muslims, and their resolution cannot be negotiated and bargained by recognizing the enemy’s right to the Islamic land he stole, therefore, there is no other option but Jihad for Allah, and this is why Jihad is the way.”
– “The symbol of the [Muslim] Brotherhood is the book of Allah [the Quran] between two swords. The swords symbolize Jihad and the force that protects the truth represented in Allah’s book.”
– “…that is, go out to battle, oh believers, young and old, by foot or with animal, under all circumstances and conditions…”
Timing: Don’t rush, prepare carefully for Jihad
– “… despite this, the [Muslim] Brotherhood is not rushed by youth’s enthusiasm into immature and unplanned action which will not alter the bad reality and may even harm the Islamic activity, and will benefit the people of falsehood…”
– “… one should know that it is not necessary that the Muslims will repel every attack or damage caused by the enemies of Allah immediately, but [only] when ability and the circumstances are fit to it.”
– “Prepare yourself and train in the art of warfare, and embrace the causes of power. You must learn the ways and manners and laws of war. You must learn them and embrace them and adhere to them, so that your Jihad will be the one accepted by Allah.”
– “… there exists an unavoidable personal duty for every Muslim to equip himself and prepare and gear-up towards Jihad…”
Personal goal: Aspire to Shahada – Death for Allah
– “Allah is our goal, the Prophet is our leader, the Quran is our constitution, the Jihad is our way, and the Death for Allah is our most exalted wish.”
– “The Jihad is our way and death for Allah is our most lofty wish”, this is the call which we have always called,… Many of our beloved ones have already achieved this wish,… We ask Allah to accept all of them,… and may He join us with them, …”
Jihad against Israel:
– “Honorable brothers have achieved Shahada (Martyrdom) on the soil of beloved Palestine, during the years 47′ and 48′, [while] in their Jihad against the criminal, thieving, gangs of Zion. The Imam and Shahid (Martyr) Hassan Al-Banna is considered as a Shahid (Martyr) of Palestine, even if he was not killed on its soil.”
There is much more.Â Read it all.