“Christianity preaches forgiveness and love. We are hurt but we will not respond in kind,”
No riots. NoÂ U.N.Â compounds stormed and staff members hunted down and murdered. No girls’ schools vandalized. No mosques burned. No calls for war or death to the country where it happened (and Israel). No collective punishment of Muslims for the actions of one Muslim on the streets of Lahore.
An update from this:
It depends on who you ask. “Destroying One Koran vs. Destroying Many Christians: Which is Worse?,” by Raymond Ibrahim at FrontPageMagazine.com (viaRaymondIbrahim.com), April 8:
The now infamous Koran burning by Florida pastor Terry Jones has created hysteria in the Muslim world. In Afghanistan alone, some twenty people, including U.N. workers, have been killed and beheaded to screams of “Allahu Akbar!” Western leaders around the globeâ€”including Obama and members of Congressâ€”have unequivocally condemned Jones’ actions (without bothering to point out that freedom of expression is a prized American liberty). Many are even blaming the deaths in Afghanistan directly on Jones; Bill O’Reilley [sic] says he has “blood on his hands.”Yet, as Western leaders rush to profess their abhorrence at whatÂ one American did toÂ one inanimate book, let’s take a quick look at whatÂ many Muslims are doing tomany living and breathing Christians around the Islamic worldâ€”to virtually no media coverage or Western condemnation:
- Afghanistan: A Muslim convert to Christianity was seized and, according to sharia’s apostasy laws,Â awaits execution.
- Bangladesh: A Christian man was arrested forÂ distributing Bibles near Muslims. Since Wednesday, thousands of Muslims have been rioting, injuring dozensâ€”not because of Jones, but inÂ protestation of women’s rights.
- Egypt: A Muslim mobÂ burned down another Coptic church and dozens of Christian homes; when Christians protested, the military opened fire on them while crying “Allahu Akbar,” killing nine. Another mobÂ cut a Christian man’s ear off “according to sharia.”
- Ethiopia:Â Muslims went on a rampage burning down nearly 70 churches, killing at least one Christian, and dislocating as many as 10,000. Christians living in Muslim majority regions are being warned to either convert to Islam, abandon their homes, or die.
- Malaysia: AuthoritiesÂ detained and desecrated thousands of Bibles.
- Pakistan: Two Christians wereÂ shot to death as they exited church; a Christian serving life in prison for “blasphemy” died in his cell under suspicions of murder.
- Saudi Arabia: An Eritrean Christian has been arrested for sharing his faith with Muslims and is facing theÂ death penalty; other missionaries continue to languish inÂ Saudi prisons.
- Somalia and Sudan:Â Christian girlsâ€”including a mother of fourâ€”were recently abducted, raped, and killed for embracing Christianity.