Islam + Muslims cause jihad, not ‘sectarian violence’.
Â “Sectarian violence” is typical Al Jazeera, Reuters & AFP spin.
TheÂ BBC has been criticized Â for implying the Rohingya are part of the Burmese population, Â attracting vitriolic responses.
- Muslims make up nearly five percent of Myanmar’s more than 53 million population.
- Muslims are forbidden from entering Burma’s police force or army – for good reason.
- The largest group of Myanmar’s Muslims is the ethnic-Bengali minority, generally known as the Rohingyas, who mainly live in the western state of Rakhine.
- Myanmar’s Buddhist majority describe Muslim Rohingyas as “invaders” or “terrorists” (there must be a reason for that, no?)
Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine state, has a Muslim population of around 100,000 and dozens of mosques.
- The latest violence reflects the deep divisions between the majority Buddhists and the Muslim minority. (Deeply rooted in Koran, sira & hadith)
AMuslim leader in the town, who asked not to be named, told AFP there was “no religious freedom”. Â (“No religious freedom” for Muslims means they are prevented from forcing Islamic mores on the host population.)
- He added that authorities rarely granted permission for new mosques to be built, or repairs to be carried out. (Damn! Where did I hear that before?)
Fleeing Myanmar Muslims Turned Away
- They have 57 Muselmanic nations to chose from. Why aren’t they looking after their Muslim brothers?
A Burmese spokesman:
“if western nations really believed in human rights, they would take the Rohingya from us.” Â (No thank you. We don’t need any more of those who believe only Muslims are human.)