Relax, relax. Its not that bad, not yet. Gillard is not going to burn all the musical instruments just yet, but with the Islamic invasion in full swing the writing is on the wall. Mali may be far away, but the ideology has already arrived on these shores, its only a matter of time.
Mali headbangers seek to ban music
Â “Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance.”
It is amazing that the whole audience doesn’t erupt into laughter when the clownish Islamic supremacist Aslan emits these howlers. Sharia in reality is marked by a remarkable uniformity: the four Sunni madhahib agree on about 75% of all rulings. Whenever and wherever we see Sharia implemented, it looks essentially the same. Changes and variations come in when Sharia provisions are relaxed or dropped altogether, as in secular Turkey — but that is not some different version of Sharia, it is no Sharia at all.
Mali Islamic supremacists move to ban music, just as they have in Afghanistan and elsewhere. Mali and Afghanistan are separated by immense distance and differences of language and culture. But Sharia in both is markedly similar.
Hadith Qudsi 19:5: “The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance.” (The Hadith Qudsi, or holy Hadith, are those in which Muhammad transmits the words of Allah, although those words are not in the Qur’an.)
Muhammad also said:
(1) “Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance.”
(2) “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress.”
(3) “Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage.”
(4) “This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones.” Someone asked, “When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?” and he said, “When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful.”
(5) “There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ….” –Â ‘Umdat al-SalikÂ r40.0
“Mali musicians forced out by Islamic rebels,” fromÂ CBC News, January 27:
As Islamic radicals clamp down on much of Mali, the rich musical culture of the country is threatened.There are reports of instruments being broken and music being banned in the north, except the singing of verses of the Qur’an.
Canada is weighing whether to extend its mission in Mali, as French and African troops move into the nation to push back Islamic rebels who have taken the north of the country.
Many musicians have fled the country and are in refugee camps in bordering Burkino Faso.
In any case, the conflict has robbed most of them of their livelihood, as they can no longer play at weddings and festivals.
Ibrahima DiabatÃ©, a Malian musician now living in Montreal, says he’s afraid his homeland’s vibrant musical culture is being destroyed….