For a face like this the freedom sack is a blessing:
The Boston Globe Journalist Series: Lisa Wangsness (Youtube vid)
Â Â Globe reporter Lisa Wangsness, exhorted people to call the diocese to get Robert Spencer’s speech canceled,Â here.
An organization called Americans for Peace and Tolerance (APT) does research on Islamic supremacists and what they describe as “false moderates” – mostly in New England,, where they are based.
Their president, Charles Jacobs, sent me information about Abdul Cader Asmal,* who wrote a libelous and hysterical screed to the diocese of Worcester, Massachusetts demanding that they cancel my appearance at a Catholic Men’s Conference coming up this March 14. I posted it in fullÂ here. Asmal turns out to be a self-proclaimed friend and supporter of a convicted jihad terrorist,Â Tarek Mehanna, who is currently serving 17Â½ years in federal prison for aiding Al Qaeda.
Boston Globe reporter Lisa Wangsness went to Asmal for comment on my appearance and, according to reports I received, exhorted him and others to contact the diocese and demand that my appearance be canceled. Asmal claimed in his diatribe to the diocese that I was a “hatemonger” — yet he openly proclaims his friendship with and support for a convicted jihad terrorist.
*Â Â Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal lost his medical license in 2011. Why would that be?
- Salon whines about Spencer and Geller fighting back against smears and defamation
- Boston Globe does victory dance after engineering cancellation of Robert Spencer talk
Why is Wangsness going to a friend of a convicted jihad terrorist for comment? Here’s an insight into clue her biases: Jacobs also told me that when Mehanna was arrested, Jacobs and his Director of Research sat with Wangness for over two hours, providing her with information about Mehanna’s associates and friends in the Boston area. The information they gave her included the following:
1. That several Islamic leaders in Massachusetts were actively supporting Tarek Mehanna. Among those mentioned specifically to Wangness were the leadership of the ISBCC/MAS (the Boston mosque) and Abdul Cader Asmal – the very people Wangness recruited to silence me.
2. The ISBCC/MAS leadership has long-standing ties to Islamic supremaciism and jihad terrorism.
3. The ISBCC has been funded by Saudi and other Gulf sources, some with jihad terror connections.
4. The ISBCC/MAS is a front for the Muslim Brotherhood in the Boston area.
How much of this did Wangsness follow up on, investigate, and publish? Absolutely none of it. And then she went to Abdul Cader Asmal and cast him in the role of the wounded “moderate” outraged by my “Islamophobia.”
The mainstream media isn’t interested in truth, but only in propaganda, and has allied itself with the enemies of the United States. Lisa Wangsness is just the latest among many, many, many examples of this.