Religion of peace Â adherents promiseÂ earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying’ terrorist attacks. They must be terrifying terrorists:
U.S. faces new Al Qaeda threat as terror group’s ‘strike map’ is revealed
- Threatens to carry outÂ ‘earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying’ attacks
- Claims were made in a posting on the jihadist websiteÂ Ansar al Mujahideen
- Names America, France, Denmark and other countries in Europe as targets
- Attacks would beÂ ‘group, lone-wolf operations and booby-trapped vehicles’
- Warns France and its allies that they are facing ‘long war of attrition’ in Mali
- Site carried accurate messages before, U.S. officials say threat is ‘serious’
Al Qaeda has issued a new threat to carry out ‘earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying’ attacks on the U.S. and Europe, it emerged today.
In a posting on a jihadist website, the terror group said the ‘coming strikes’ would target the ‘heart of the land of non-belief’ as well as countries aiding France in its crackdown on rebels in Mali.
The unidentified writer claimed the attacks would be ‘group and lone-wolf operations, in addition to the use of booby-trapped vehicles’.
U.S. officials say they are taking the threat seriously.
‘Targeting heart of land of non-belief': Al Qaeda has issued a new threat to carry out terrorist attacks on the U.S. and Europe in a posting on the Arabic version of this jihadist website, Ansar Al-Mujahideen
The message, posted on the Ansar al Mujahideen network on Sunday, carried the headline: ‘Map of Al Qaeda and its future strikes’.
It says: ‘Where will the next strike by al Qaeda be?
‘The answer for it, in short: The coming strikes by al Qaeda, with God’s Might, will be in the heart of the land of nonbelief, America, and in France, Denmark, other countries in Europe, in the countries that helped and are helping France, and in other places that shall be named by al Qaeda at other times.’
The message, translated byÂ The Washington Times, says the attacks will be ‘strong, serious, alarming, earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying.’
All attacks would be recorded and published, it added.
TheÂ Daily MailÂ has more.