Boris Johnson attacks Islamist ‘mumbo jumbo’ and says Britain must not allow killers to divide country through ‘war’ myth
The world is already divided in two camps, in believer and unbeliever. Those who knowingly deny the Islamic doctrine are complicit. Boris Johnson needs to be run out of town.
- Mayor of London condemned idea of a clash of civilisations
- Said killers should not be allowed to divide country through myth of a ‘war’
- Said distinction must be made between Islam and the ‘virus of Islamism’
- Boris: ban Islamic groups who segregate university lectures
- By standing united, we can isolate the virus of Islamism
Boris Johnson has attacked Islamists who want to impose ‘mumbo-jumbo’ sharia law on Britain.
The Mayor of London condemned as ‘bunk’ the idea that there was a clash of civilisations and warned against exaggerating the ‘plague’ of militants.
Britain should not give the killers the prize they craved most – dividing us through perpetuating the myth of a ‘war’, he said.
The guy sounds like a lunatic.
Boris Johnson, pictured during a media conference in Woolwich, said Britain should not let the killers divide the country through perpetuating a myth of a ‘war’
‘This is a sinister political agenda that promotes a sense of grievance and victimhood among a minority of Muslims,’ he wrote in his regular column for the Telegraph.
‘The Islamists want universal sharia law and other mumbo-jumbo.
- Spitting hatred on YouTube: Thousands of terror videos urging British Muslims to maim and kill can be found within seconds online
- Tensions on streets after slaughter of British soldier: War memorials defaced and mosque firebombed as EDL march on Westminster
- Police arrest tenth suspect in Lee Rigby murder investigation as three others are released on bail
- Google cashes in on hate videos: Internet giant puts ads alongside thousands of terror rants on YouTube
- Every faith, every generation joined in the mourning: Sea of flowers at Woolwich murder scene keeps growing as hundreds flock to show their support for Drummer Rigby
‘Above all, they want power over others and so they prey on young men who feel in some way rejected by society and they fill those young men with a horrible and deluded sense of self-importance.’
He said universities should also stop pandering to extremists by allowing segregated meetings on campus.
‘The universities need to be much, much tougher in monitoring Islamic societies. It is utterly wrong to have segregated meetings in a state-funded centre of learning,’ he said.
‘If visiting speakers start some Islamist schtick – and seek to call for or justify violence – then the authorities need to summon the police.’
Islamist preachers like Abu Qatada should be deported, according to Johnson
He added that inciters like Abu Qatada ‘should be put on a plane’ and those that preach hate and violence must be arrested.
Mr Johnson said there needed to be aÂ distinction between Islam – which gave enrichment to millions of peaceful people – and the ‘virus of Islamism’.
Islamist evangelists had no allegiance to Western society ‘whose benefits systems they abuse’.
‘Their avowed intent is to create a sexist and homophobic caliphate.’
And in a challenge to political apologists – including former mayor Ken Livingstone – he warned against playing the extremists’ game by examining British foreign policy to look for reasons for terrorism.
‘You cannot hope to solve the problem of Islamism by accepting their invitation to enter into some debate or discussion about British or American foreign policy, even if that were desirable. People who suggest as much are, alas, playing the game of the Islamists.’
He warned against ‘exaggerating’ the ‘plague’ of Islamists, saying they probably numbered in the low thousands yet there were one million Muslims in London alone.
‘You can see how the reputation of a whole community is at risk of suffering from the actions of a tiny, tiny fraction.’
It was a ‘fitting rebuttal of the ghastly sexism of Islamist ideology’ that one of the firearms squad who immobilised one of the alleged killers had been a woman.
“These Islamist evangelists have no allegiance to the western society they live in and whose benefits systems they abuse: far from it – their avowed intent is to create a sexist and homophobic Muslim caliphate.”
Or is that too inflammatory?
Lovely religion, but Muslims do this segregation thing, which is taking diversity a bit far…