Me thinks the journaillie from the Mail has got the story Â wrong. It would be ‘unislamic’ (like so many other things) to pray for a slain enemy soldier. If the case is ever properly investigated, it might very well emerge that the imam called for something entirely different.
Terror police investigate prison warder attack after jailed Muslim extremists were ‘asked to pray for murdered Lee Rigby‘Â
- Terrified warder was ‘locked in a cleaning room and beaten senseless’
- Captive told he was ‘going to die and have toilet cleaner poured in his eyes’
- Freed by prison’s riot squad and taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Attack raisesÂ concerns about spread of radical Islam in Britain’s prisons
- Investigation has been taken over by North East Counter Terrorism Unit
Counter-terrorism police are investigating a brutal attack by three jailed Islamic extremists on a prison warder after an imam reportedly called on them to pray for murdered soldier Lee Rigby.
The trioÂ snatched the warder from E-wing at Full Sutton prison, near York, and held him hostage during a four-hour stand-off with guards.
The terrified victim, who is in his 30s, was locked in a cleaning room where he was apparently beaten with mop handles and told he was going to die.
The prison’s National Tactical Response Group were called and eventually managed to free him and he was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
A prison source told the Daily Mirror: ‘The fear was that the gang had somehow got hold of knives from the prison kitchen and they would attempt to behead him.
Read more:Â http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331919/Terror-police-investigate-prison-warder-attack-jailed-Muslim-extremists-asked-pray-murdered-Lee-Rigby.html#ixzz2Uahu11tZ
Follow us:Â @MailOnline on TwitterÂ |Â DailyMail on Facebook