Australia: Murder charges against ‘jihadist’ asylum seeker withdrawn

Sayed Ahmed Abdellatif must be a very well connected jihadist. The claim that ‘Egypt’s judicial system must be treated with caution’ is highly suspect.  Anything that comes from from the MuBro’s  should be treated with suspicion.  As you can see, Sayed sports a zebiba, which gives him away as a radical headbanger. So if he’s (not yet) guilty of murder, we shouldn’t be surprised if he keeps doing what his ‘religion’ demands of him. In any case, Sayed hardly qualifies as an asylum seeker: the MuBro’s are now in power in Egypt and it is very safe for the likes of Sayed to return home.

Sydney Moonbat Herald/Daniel Flitton

Interpol have made a stunning withdrawal of murder and firearms charges against the Egyptian asylum seeker held in detention and hounded by the federal Coalition as a ”convicted Jihadist terrorist”.

art-353-sayed-300x0

The French-based headquarters for the international police issued the withdrawal of the charges to its ”red notice” against Sayed Ahmed Abdellatif in a statement on Friday morning.

Interpol said its bureau in Cario had asked the red notice ”be changed to remove any charges relating to premeditated murder, destruction of property, and possession of firearms, ammunition and explosives without a permit”.

”The remaining offences listed on the current valid Red Notice for Mr Abdel Latif are for membership of an illegally-formed extremist organization and forging travel documents for the organization’s members.”

Mr Addellatif had fled the Mubarak regime in the late 1990s and after spending time in Albania, Britain and Iran, eventually in 2012 made a boat journey to Australia to claim asylum.

The opposition last week seized on revelations that he was wanted by Interpol yet held in a low-security detention facility near Adelaide to claim the Gillard government had a lax attitude to national security.

Shadow immigration spokesman Scott Morrison stood by the Coalition complaints, saying on Friday the Opposition had relied on statements by Australian Federal Police and ASIO.

”It was never our assertion, it was the advice of ASIO and AFP,” Mr Morrison told ABC television.

He said the new information from Interpol needed to be taken into account but the government had failed to act on the initial warnings.

”It was never the government’s defence in parliament that somehow these convictions were not real,” Mr Morrison said.

The Australia Federal Police and ASIO had taken some time to identify Mr Abdellatif as the same man subject to the red notice – only for the Immigration Department to take many more months to move him to a high-security facility in Sydney, where he remains.

But Mr Abdellatif, while he admitted to convictions during the Mubarak era, protested his innocent of murder and terrorism.

Interpol said in its statement that the red notice – the agency’s highest alert for a wanted person – had been issued on October 1, 2001 and had been reissued at its Cairo office’s request in January 2007.

It was again reissued in October 2011, months after the revolution that toppled the Mubarak regime, with the same charges as originally requested.

October 2001 coincided with a spike in Interpol red notices in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks in New York and Washington.

”Therefore, any law enforcement authority consulting INTERPOL’S databases between 1 October 2001 and 13 June 2013 would have read and believed that Mr Abdel Latif was wanted for arrest by Egyptian authorities for a variety of terrorist-related offences, including premeditated murder,” the Interpol statement said.

Interpol said it had followed up after questions had been raised about the original red notice and the statements about Mr Abdellatif’s convictions.

The Cairo office then asked Interpol headquarters to remove the charge of premeditated murder and the other charges.

T oo easy: the MuBro’s have infiltrated all offices of power in Egypt, and giving this guy a clean bill of health is  very convenient, for them and for him. I guess we haven’t heard the last of Sayed Ahmed Abdellatif.

4 thoughts on “Australia: Murder charges against ‘jihadist’ asylum seeker withdrawn”

  1. Is The Age really saying this alleged jihadist must be freed?

    Andrew Bolt

    I’m not sure the “it’s-all-right-then” attitude of the Age reporter is warranted:

    Interpol have made a stunning withdrawal of murder and firearms charges against the Egyptian asylum seeker held in detention and hounded by the federal Coalition as a ‘’convicted Jihadist terrorist’’.

    The French-based headquarters for the international police issued the withdrawal of the charges to its ‘’red notice’’ against Sayed Ahmed Abdellatif in a statement on Friday morning.

    Interpol said its bureau in Cario had asked the red notice ‘’be changed to remove any charges relating to premeditated murder, destruction of property, and possession of firearms, ammunition and explosives without a permit’’.
    ‘’The remaining offences listed on the current valid Red Notice for Mr Abdel Latif are for membership of an illegally-formed extremist organization and forging travel documents for the organization’s members.’’…

    The opposition last week seized on revelations that he was wanted by Interpol yet held in a low-security detention facility near Adelaide to claim the Gillard government had a lax attitude to national security.

    That strident criticism is now bound to be questioned.

    Really?

    What exactly is the argument here?

    That our authorities were right to overlook an Interpol alert on a boat person on the grounds that maybe some of the charges might one day be withdrawn anyway?

    That authorities shouldn’t worry about him because Interpol now says he’s just an alleged member of a terrorist-linked group who allegedly forged travel documents for its members?

    And why is the Opposition in the gun for “hounding” this man, when it’s the Government that has since locked him up in heavier security?

    The premise of this piece seems driven by an agenda that doesn’t include national security.

  2. What good news for the lucky guy! The Egyptian government admitted that he is no longer in need of asylum. Wish him a good trip back home.

  3. Sheik: I remember DF from Age-reading days. A PC, dhimmi, anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian, you name it, dolt.

Comments are closed.