Another ‘anthropologist’, another convert to Islam? If he hasn’t converted yet, he might as well do so. The damage he causes to young, impressionable minds is the same.
Here is yet more evidence of the fact that our nation’s universities are no longer interested in free inquiry and training students to be independent thinkers, but are instead pestholes of Leftist indoctrination and propaganda. That a university professor would be trafficking in the trumped-up neologism “Islamophobia,” a term contrived in order to intimidate people into conflating resistance to jihad terror with “hatred” and “bigotry,” is bad enough. But note also the total one-sidedness of the event: neither the Saudi-funded Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding nor Daniel Varisco would ever dream of actually engaging me in discussion or debate (although I would be happy to do so) or give their hapless students any genuine understanding of what Jihad Watch and my books are all about. The students get no opportunity to evaluate my work for themselves and come to their own conclusions about whether I am defending human rights or spreading “hate” â€” the deck is stacked in advance.
“Daniel Varisco will offer his suggestions on ways to counteract the cyber ‘khutzpa’ of Islamophobia.” If the illustrious professor really wants to end “Islamophobia,” here is an easy way he can accomplish it. He can call upon Muslim individuals and groups to:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively, sincerely, honestly, and in deeds, not just in comforting words, not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace Western constitutions (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that non-Muslim civilians, including Israelis, are innocent people, teaching accordingly in mosques and Islamic schools, and behaving in accord with these new teachings.
3. Teach, again sincerely and honestly, in transparent and verifiable ways in mosques and Islamic schools, the imperative of Muslims coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis, and act accordingly.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach sincerely against the understandings of Islam that give rise to violent jihad and Islamic supremacism, offering honest reinterpretations of the texts from the Qur’an and Hadith that jihadists use to justify that violence and supremacism, rejecting firmly, clearly, definitively and absolutely the literal meaning of those texts. This must also be accompanied by a rejection of all the teachings of Islamic jurisprudence calling for warfare against unbelievers for the purpose of subjugating them under Sharia rule. Readily share this course material with law enforcement officials and other interested parties.
5. Actively and honestly work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
6. Reject, and teach and work against, the aspects of Sharia that are at variance with accepted principles of human rights: the death penalty for apostasy, the death penalty for blasphemy and heresy, the stoning of adulterers, the amputation of thieves’ hands, the denial of women’s right to testify and their equal inheritance rights, the divine sanction of the beating of women, the denial of basic rights to women and non-Muslims, etc.
If Muslims did these six things, voila! “Islamophobia” would vanish, and no events like this one would be necessary. But if you’re going to be in the Georgetown area on February 26, do drop by and ask them when their seminar on countering Islamic jihad terrorism is going to be. I’d be glad to come myself, but am not going to drop in unannounced; however, if Daniel Varisco would like to have a genuine discussion or debate, rather than simply demonize me and spread Islamic supremacist propaganda, I am available.
Logic and common sense Â doesn’t come into it when it comes to Mohammedanism. I am quite sure that Dr Variscos is a convert. Liberal airheads think nothing of saying the shahada when they are hosted by Arabs who treat them nice. As a result, they take their mental baggage on board and flaunt it as if it was some kind of exotic gift; some kind of revelation. You find this symptomatic among people who ‘have gone native’, but especially among those who have no moral compass, no firm convictions, for whom everything is relative, who pretend to be “open minded” and critical of our society (because they know next to nothing of the other) and soon the exotic of the Orient becomes desirable, they believe it gives them the air of mystique, and so on, and so on…..
And “our man”, Omid Safi, that egregious slime bomb, is still in demand, confusing and indoctrinating impressionable young minds with Middle Eastern filth…..
Or ask Gabriele Marranci, who has made a remarkable career putting lipstick on a pig. In multiculi-circles and Moonbat universities, that counts for something:
Â He is currently Director of theÂ Study of Contemporary Muslim Lives research hubÂ atMacquarie University.Â and Senior Honorary Research Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Islam in the UK.Â He was formerly Associate Professor at the Department of Sociology at theÂ National University of Singapore.Â Marranci is the founding editor of the first anthropological journal ofÂ Islamic studies,Â Contemporary Islam: Dynamics of Muslim Life.Â Together withÂ Bryan TurnerÂ he also founded, and currently edits, the book seriesÂ Muslims in Global SocietiesÂ with Ronald Lukens-Bull serving as an Assistant Editor.Â [5