Salma wouldn’t lie to you, or would she?
There’s an update, below the fold:‘Trojan Horse’Â thanks to Esmeralda
Salma Yaqoob is the former leader of the extreme left Respect party, a biotope Â for those afflicted with swamp fever, a watering hole for Â illustrious crackpots Â like George Galloway and Yvonne Ridley. Last week, Â Ms Yaqoob fiercely supported a school which in 2014, according to an official report, makes girls sit at the back of the classroom.
There was “more than a whiff of McCarthyism” in allegations of a plot by hardline Muslims to “Islamise” secular state schools and drive out non-Muslim head teachers in her home city of Birmingham, wrote Ms Yaqoob.
It was all “hysteria” based on a “dodgy dossier,” and denied by the schools concerned, so it must be untrue.
Not so. The plot was uncovered. Â But Muslim agitprops are quick to change tack.
Those denying plot to ‘Islamise’ schools are starting to look silly in the face of hard evidence
By appointing Peter Clarke, a former counter-terrorism chief, to investigate, Michael Gove, the Education Secretary, had “managed at a stroke to increase fear and suspicion between Muslim and non-Muslim in the city”, claims Yaqoob.
Bleeding hearts to the rescue:Â Islamic Terrorists Are People Too
OSTRACISED AND ISOLATED: MUSLIM PRISONERS IN THE US
By Kanya D’Almeida
Such stigma now surrounds the word ‘terrorist’ that most recoil from it, or anyone associated with it, as though from a thing contagious; as though, by simple association, one could land in that black hole where civil liberties are suspended in the name of national security. (IPS thanks to Mullah)
Here are extracts from the inspection report, leaked to the Telegraph,Â into three schools at the centre of the so-called “Trojan Horse” plot to “Islamise” secular state schools in Birmingham. The schools are Park View, Golden Hillock, and Nansen, all part of the Park View Educational Trust. This inspection was carried out by the Department for Education last month. Separate inspections were carried out by Ofsted, many of which, as weÂ report today, are also damning.
As you will see, the report substantiates many of the claims which the schools have for the last six weeks been furiously denying as a “witch-hunt.”
The extracts confirm that
– there is compulsory “gender segregation” in classes at Park View and Golden Hillock, “often with boys sitting towards the front of the class and girls at the back or around the sides.” (page 17)
– The school has consistently claimed that any segregation was voluntary but as the report makes clear, in a number of classes “students told us that they were required to sit in the places which they were given by teachers” (page 17) and “teachers gave [students] seats in which to sit in class by gender to avoid having to mix” (p10)
– some non-Muslim pupils at Golden Hillock have to “teach themselves” in a GCSE subject (page 18)
– an “extremist” speaker “sympathetic to al-Qaeda” addressed students at Park View (page 16);
– there is no humanities, arts or music teaching at Nansen in Year 6 and only “limited” teaching of these subjects in Year 5 (page 17);
– the teaching of some GCSE subjects was “restricted to comply with a conservative Islamic teaching” (page 10);
– in biology, a teacher had “briefly delivered the theory of evolution to comply with the syllabus, but had told students ‘this is not what we believe;’’ that reproduction was not covered in class, even though pupils needed it for their GCSEs; that students believed “as Muslims they were not allowed to study matters such as reproduction with the opposite sex” (page 10).