UKIP candidate blames ‘Muslim man’ for stabbing him in the face leaving him with a broken cheekbone and eye socket
- Bobby Anwar, 33, says the injuries he sustained will require surgery
- He claims the man’s family call his family ‘kafir’, which means ‘infidel’
- A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm
A UKIP council candidate claims he was stabbed in the face by a Muslim who lives nearby and whose children regularly attack his own offspring and call his family infidels.
Bobby Anwar, 33,Â of Accrington, Lancashire,Â said in a post on social networking site Facebook that he was attacked by a man whose family are ‘avid Labour supporters’.
He said the male had used a ‘sharp metal weapon’ in the attack on Saturday which fractured his cheekbone and eye socket and claims he will need extensive surgery.
He also alleges that the family’s teenage children have attacked his own children and regularly call his family ‘kafir’, a derogatory term which means infidel.
A UKIP spokesman said: ‘The injuries to Bobby Anwar are shocking and any violent attack is a horrifying occurrence.’
In other news:
- Muslim schools ‘must respect British values’ says Jack Straw as Birmingham MP admits there is a ‘Trojan Horse’ plot by extremistsÂ (I won’t hold my breath over this one, and neither should you).
- Jack Straw Faces Jail For Bribing Muslim VotersÂ (Labor hacks get away with murder, so this one will fizzle too…)
Mr Anwar is running for a seat on Hyndburn Council.
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said they were investigating reports of an assault, adding: ‘The victim was approached in the street and punched to the face causing a suspected fracture of an eye socket.
‘He was taken to hospital for treatment. Police enquiries are ongoing and a 38-year-old man from Accrington has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent and bailed pending further enquiries.’