This is such a perverted view that cannot and should not be entertained by anyone. Â The idea that Muslims are a minority in the west and that Â therefore any reporting of their nefarious activities should be proportional to their numbers is obscene and offensive. It is the same as the horrendous claim thatÂ Israelis Â use “disproportionate force” against poor and ‘oppressed Palestinians’, whoÂ demand that the numbers of genocidal Hamas and Fatah headbangers who get themselves killed in the jihad against Â the Jews should be brought Â on a par with Jewish bloodletting.
Is the British media Islamophobic?
We have reported before on the impact 9/11 had on media discourse in the US, and the way American Muslims and their religion have been covered by news outlets – Â often with fear and suspicion. In 2005, Britain had the 7/7 attacks which also affected the media in the UK.
Read the British press, and not just the tabloids, or go online and there are some scary stories about Muslims – the most recent being one on a supposed ‘secret’ Islamic plot to radicalise school students in Birmingham. There is a steady stream of reports on Muslim women and whether they should be covered or not, sharia law and a recent story on what os beingÂ called the ‘surreptitious’ serving of halal meat to ‘unsuspecting’ Britons.
Is the UK, as reflected through its media, Islamophobic? Or is this just a case of a community growing andÂ the newsÂ media failing to cover them accurately? The Listening Post’s Nic Muirhead now on IslamÂ and the British media.
Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons.
By Tim Ross, Social Affairs Editor
10 Oct 2010
“Unemployment among ethnic minorities costs the economy almost Â£8.6 billion a year in benefits and lost revenue from taxes. Half of Muslim men and three quarters of Muslim women are unemployed.”
At least the Jews weren’t such parasites 70 years ago. I know some Muslims who proudly boost how they con the British government. I know of entire families in the UK who live on the dole claiming they are disabled while they work illegally under the table to make “tax free” money.
Growing far right sentiments can also be explained in Britain and the European continent, if we have a look at the crime figures of those countries:
– 21% of males at youth jails in Britain are Muslim, while the British Muslim population is barely 5%. Half of Muslim men and three quarters of Muslim women are unemployed, and these folks reap welfare benefits. British Muslims are vastly overrepresented in criminal activities, especially in sexual offences against white women.
– 55 to 65% of the jail population in France is Muslim, while Muslims constitute 10% of the population.
– 40% of the Moroccan youth in the Netherlands have committed a crime before the age of 24. Both Turks and Moroccans are grossly overrepresented in crime stats and in jail.
– Almost 70% of criminals in Berlin are of immigrant origin, most of them Muslim Turks.
– 55% of the prison population in Switzerland is Muslim, while the Muslims are a tiny minority of 5%.
Similar numbers and even worse data exist in Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway that demonstrate what a negative impact Muslim have on European societies (crime, reaping social benefits, terrorism threat, burden on the health care, school drop outs, unemployment figures, harassment of white women).
These and other facts are either distorted or not shown by mainstream European politicians although Muslim immigrants are vastly overrepresented in crime given their proportion of the population, most stories focus on successful immigrants and in pretty much all of our evening political talk shows on that issue a successful Muslim immigrant or a couple of them are invited to show that perspective.
Add to this mix the worldwide incidence of Islamic terrorism, one can see how reasonable the rise of anti-Islamic sentiments is.