But who will rescue the Italians from this scourge?
Italy Rescues 1,800 “Migrants” Over Weekend, Recovers 5 Bodies
ROME, July 21 (Reuters) – Italy’s navy said it rescued nearly 1,800 migrants in overcrowded boats in the Mediterranean over the weekend, and a merchant ship recovered five bodies from a sinking rubber raft off the coast of Libya.
Calmer summer seas have led to a surge in people trying to reach Italy from North Africa. Italy has picked up more than 70,000 migrants so far this year in its search-and-rescue mission, called “Mare Nostrum” or “Our Sea”.
The number of dead is also rising. At the start of July, the UNHCR estimated 500 migrants had died in the Mediterranean in the past six months, compared to 700 during the whole of last year.
The Latest Video from he EFD Group. Produced by The Europe of Freedom and Democracy Group and UKIP
h/t Blazing Cat Fur
And in the U.S.:
- ‘Our Citizens are Under Siege’: Perry Sends National Guard to Border
- Americans Protest Illegals as High-Profile Conservatives Pander
- Breitbart Executive Chairman Calls for National Guard to Protect Borders
- Gutierrez to La Raza: Obama to ‘Stop the Deportation of Our People’
- Palin on Border Crisis: ‘What Did the President Know and When Did He Know It?’
- Feds Likely Spending Millions on Charter Jets to Transport Illegals
- Cruz: Obama Holding Illegal Kids for ‘Ransom’
- TX Town Swamped with Dead Bodies, 911 Calls 70 Miles From the Border
- Palin: Obama’s America an ‘Unfunded Charity’ for Illegals to Overrun
- Palin: Why Aren’t Illegals Sent to Mark Zuckerberg’s Neighborhood?