Australia may participate in US airdrops of food and water to civilians threatened by fighters friom the Islamic State group in Iraq, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says.
Should read: finally, the Obamamesiah acts as if he is doing something…
THE US unleashed a second wave of airstrikes in northern Iraq against militants of the Islamic State group amid a worsening humanitarian crisis.
On another front in this war of self-defence, the BBC finally warns against taking casualty figures from Gaza on trust.Â More than half of the dead seem to be terrorists or unidentified men of fighting age….
But the vilification (of Israel) continues.Â Charles KrauthammerÂ on
placards being carried in Germany of all places, ‘Hitler was right.’ Chants of Jews to the gas…
IfÂ true, shouldn’t our immigration program be adjusted to keep us safe?
AUSTRALIA needs to prepare for an increasingly savage, 100-year war against radical Islam that will be fought on home soilÂ as well as foreign lands, the former head of the army, Peter Leahy, has warned…
“Australia is involved in the early stages of a war which is likely to last for the rest of the century,” he said. “We must be ready to protect ourselves and, where necessary, act pre-emptively to neutralise the evident threat. Get ready for a long war.”
It is a betrayal of the national interest not to discuss immigration intakes if you seriously believe we’ll be fighting Islamist extremists on our own streets. AndÂ many experts do:
GREG BARTON, PROFESSOR, GLOBAL TERRORISM RESEARCH CENTRE: … most of the Australians who went to Afghanistan through the 80s, ah, went on to become involved in violent extremism of some form or another, although, you know, most of them were thwarted. This time around the numbers are much, much larger. The rapidity of people being engaged is much faster and the level of violence people are seeing and experiencing is very much higher. So we just don’t know what’s going to happen but it’s, ah, it’s the biggest threat we’ve faced so far… This will be a problem that’s with us all through the next decade and probably likely well beyond.
A BALI-STYLE terror attack on Australian soil is inevitable, a senior member of a parliamentary security committee has warned.
LABOR MP Anthony Byrne, who is deputy chair of the joint intelligence and security committee, believes the threat to national security is accelerating.
“One of the grave concerns I have … is that eventually and inevitably in this country an event will occur on this soil of the magnitude of the Bali event,” he told parliament on Monday night.
Please explain why an immigration program thatÂ let in such peopleÂ is in our interests – and why it should not now be changed?
We’ve been chatting for a while when [Sydney Muslim Wassim Haddad] slants his phone screen our way. It’s a video sent by his good mate Khaled Sharrouf, 32, who went to school not far from here at Chester Hill High. Sharrouf, like Haddad, is Australian born, the son of Lebanese migrants. In the video, Sharrouf … carries a pistol. On the ground in front of him is a row of kneeling men, their hands tied behind their backs with checked keffiyeh scarves. They are Iraqis â€” possibly soldiers, possibly police, possibly just government workers such as primary school teachers.
Sharrouf walks up behind one of the men and points the pistol at the back of his head… Sharrouf, from Wiley Park, Sydney, pulled the trigger and blew the man’s brains out through his face. Then he sent the video to his mates in Sydney…
In the days after these photos were posted we are sitting in the Golden Bean in Bankstown talking to Haddad. He spoke to Sharrouf just a few hours ago. Sharrouf, he says, is happy, ecstatic. “He says that he loves what he is doing over there,” explains Haddad, who runs the hardline al-Risalah Islamic Centre in Bankstown, which Sharrouf and Elomar had attended.
“He says he is doing the work of Allah in establishing an Islamic caliphate… Why wouldn’t he be happy? He is fulfilling his obligations to Islam. He pretty much called us (other Islamic youth in Sydney) cowards for not being there.” Dozens more would follow, Haddad reckons, but they have had their passports seized by ASIO….
The conflict escalates. Unbelievable, but we now haveÂ the Muslim lobby accusing theÂ Sydney Morning HeraldÂ of caving in to the Jewish lobby, and demanding it reinstate pet bigot Mike Carlton:
IN a letter to Fairfax CEO Greg Hywood and editor-in-chief Darren Goodsir, the Australian National Imams Council, Islamic Council of NSW and the Muslim Legal Network NSW among others say they will boycott the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper unless the outspoken columnist is reinstated.
Mr Carlton resigned as a columnist for Fairfax over his use of offensive language towards readers complaining about a recent column and accompanying cartoon about the war in Gaza…
“…with the resignation of Mr Carlton from your publications we have now lost one of the very few voices advocating for the Palestinian cause in the country.”
The letter says the groups will consider notifying community organisations and spokespersons to cease cooperating with Fairfax journalists for media interviews…
In the letter sent to Fairfax on Saturday, the concerned Muslim community groups also condemned the cartoon that accompanied Mr Carlton’s column.
“It was indeed a racist cartoon that implicated the Jewish people in the actions of the Israeli state by using Jewish symbolism and stereotype,” the letter said.
“However, the apology from Fairfax makes it clear that Fairfax has been put under pressure by the Israeli lobby.”