Good heavens, why stop them from joining the jihad?

Australia announces it will strip jihadists of their citizenship, stop their benefits and prevent them from travelling abroad

Tony Abbott is no Geert Wilders, who said

“Do not prevent jihadists from leaving our country. Let them leave, with as many friends as possible. If it helps, I am even prepared to go to Schiphol [airport] to wave them goodbye. But let them never come back. That is the condition. Good riddance.”

25F7BFA600000578-0-image-a-7_1424660030706

 

  • Many Australians Muslims who fight for the Islamic State will be stripped of their citizenship, PM says
  • More than 30 Australians have returned home after fighting for jihadist causes overseas, review reveals
  • Dual nationals will be stripped of their citizenship, Mr Abbott said in a landmark national security address

This sounds like limp dick stuff:

(Measures) could include restricting their access to welfare payments, to consular help and their ability to leave or return to Australia.

‘The Islam-ist death-cult has declared war on the world,’ Mr Abbott said during today’s announcement.

‘We cannot allow bad people to use our good nature against us.’

We can’t? But we do.

He added that Sydney siege gunman Man Monis had been given the benefit of the doubt too many times, including with citizenship.

The prime minister is also expected to announce an increase in funding for national security agencies, and present a more cohesive plan that would see state and national efforts brought in alignment

Mr Abbott may also reveal that another attack, like the one carried out by Man Haron Monis (pictured) is likely

Mr Abbott may also reveal that another attack, like the one carried out by Man Haron Monis (pictured) is likely

On Sunday when Mr Abbott released the review, he said that a shift in the balance between individual freedoms and community safety.

‘There is an ongoing and inevitable debate in a country such as ours … between the rights of the individual and the protection of the community,’ he said.

‘My judgment is that – while having always to respect both – the question of precisely where we draw the line in the era of terrorism will have to be reconsidered and the line may have to be redrawn.’

Despite an apparent 18 calls to ASIO in the days leading up to December 15 when Monis took 18 people hostage in the Lindt Cafe, authorities had deemed him as not a threat.

The inquiry report made a number of recommendations and Mr Abbott and NSW Premier Mike Baird said governments needed to learn lessons from the siege.

The new counter terrorism mechanisms are aimed at stopping home grown terrorists like Khaled Sharrouf (left) and Mohamed Elomar

The announcement will come a day after an review into the Sydney siege was released

The announcement will come a day after an review into the Sydney siege was released

‘Plainly, this monster should not have been in our community,’ Mr Abbott said.

‘The difficulty is that while he was well and truly on a lot of radar screens, he was routinely assessed as not being a threat to himself or to the community.

‘Plainly, at some stage he did become a threat. We obviously do need more checks and more scrutiny in the visa process, in the citizenship process.’

The new counter-terrorism measures set to be announced on Monday are going to deal increasingly with ‘home-grown terrorists’, like Australia’s most wanted jihadists Mohammed Elomar and Khaled Sharrouf.

The review found that despite multiple reports to ASIO about Monis, he slipped through the cracks of the system to hold hostages for nearly 17 hours on December 15 and 16

The review found that despite multiple reports to ASIO about Monis, he slipped through the cracks of the system to hold hostages for nearly 17 hours on December 15 and 16

Sharrouf and Elomar both fled Australia to join the Islamic State insurgents fighting in Syria and Iraq in 2013 and in July 2014 the Australian Federal Police issued arrest warrants for the disturbed pair.

Sharrouf flew out of Sydney in December 2013 using his brother’s passport and was soon followed by his convert wife Tara Nettleton who brought their five children to the Middle East with her.

The men gained notoriety as part of the more than 100 Australians who have joined Islamic State after they posted disturbing photos of themselves holding up decapitated heads of Syrian soldiers last year.

Sharrouf even got his seven-year-old son to hold up the severed head of a soldier in the Syrian city of Raqqa, accompanied with the caption ‘that’s my boy’, in an image that shocked the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964707/The-Islamist-death-cult-declared-war-world-PM-announces-STRIP-jihadists-citizenship-s-revealed-THIRTY-extremists-returned-home-Australia-Middle-East.html#ixzz3ULHyMjP6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

 

One thought on “Good heavens, why stop them from joining the jihad?”

  1. Stopping them! We should be paying for their plane tickets!
    Find out who they are, let them leave, cancel their passports and then wait for the good news when they have been killed.
    Stop the fuzzy feel good politicking and let this gutter trash leave and get themselves killed. Not many true Aussies will cry over their demise.

Comments are closed.