And what kind of ‘policy response’ would be right? Submission?
Every successive Australian government has been bending over backwards to appease the “Muslim community”. Now the Lowy institute blames the Abbott government’s “troubled relations with the Muslim community” for worsening the situation. How ridiculous!
Report claims Australians are at risk of an attack on home soil from foreign fighters… and situation is worsened by governments ‘troubled relations’ with Muslims
- Report into threat posed by foreign fighters blamed Australian government
Muslims are blameless then? Islam is not to blame? The jihad ideology is not to blame but the Australian gov’t is responsible?
- The Lowy Institute Report says Australians fight in Syria and Iraq represent ‘a serious national security threat’
We don’t need any institute to tell us that. We all know that.
- The report claims the right policy response could mitigate potential disaster
We are left guessing what the “right policy response” is. Printing pamphlets like “why can’t we all just get along” or something….
- It comes a day after Melbourne model-turned-terrorist Sharky Jama was reportedly killed fighting with the Islamic State in Syria
Enjoy the virgins, Sharky!
- Family were told on Monday by friends via a text message and phone call
A report on the threat posed by Australian foreign fighters has cited the Abbott government’s ‘troubled relations’ with the Muslim community as undermining efforts at countering violent extremism.
The Lowy Institute report, released on Thursday, says the large number of Australians fighting in Syria and Iraq represents a ‘serious national security threat’ but that the risk of an attack on home soil could be mitigated by the right policy response.
The new report comes just a day after the news of the death of Melbourne model-turned-jihadist Sharky Jama.
The Australian was reportedly killed in Syria while fighting with terrorist organisation Islamic State.