As crucifixes go, the one with Jesus nailed to the Communist symbol handed to Pope Francis during his meeting with the Bolivian President was unusual at best, blasphemous at worse.
But the Pope did his very best to keep his face neutral as he was handed the gift by Evo Morales during a trip to the country on Wednesday.
But the hammer and sickle crucifix wasn’t just an example of bad taste: in fact, the gift was a politically-charged offering in a country which has been trying to separate itself from the church.
Unusual: Pope Francis receives the crucifix carved into a wooden hammer and sickle from President Evo Morales on Wednesday, after arriving in the Bolivian capital of La Paz
- When you have a spiritual vacuum, you’ll get spiritual troglodytes like Morales. In the meantime, Islam spreads in South America like wildfire.
The rate of Muslims converting to Panama is growing rapidly, with Panama being the city with the largest Muslim population in Central America.
And in America itself, nihilism finds Satan:
The Pope tries to keep a diplomatic face as he receives a gift from the Bolivian president… a crucifix featuring Jesus nailed to the Communist symbol of a hammer and sickle
- Evo Morales gave Pope unusual gift on his visit to Bolivian capital La Paz
- Morales has taken a series of anti-clerical initiatives since his 2006 election
- But gift identical to one used by a brave priest who fought military regime
- Socialist Morales also paid tribute to 78-year-old for his work with the poor
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3155254/The-Pope-tries-diplomatic-face-receives-gift-Bolivian-president-crucifix-featuring-Jesus-nailed-Communist-symbol-hammer-sickle.html#ixzz3fVB5ywBK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook