This is from Pauline Hanson’s Please Explain
Malcolm Turnbull has turned a blind eye to misappropriation and theft of taxpayers’ money, by reinstating taxpayer funding for three Islamic schools.
As I understand, no criminal charges have been laid and no money has been asked to be repaid. Judge for yourselves!
Earlier this month, Australia’s largest Muslim School lost their appeal to have $19 million in Federal Government grants reinstated, yet yesterday Education Minister Simon Birmingham backflipped.
The decision means the Islamic College of Brisbane, Langford Islamic College in Perth and the Islamic College of Melbourne will continue receiving funding under the Education Act, while a decision in relation to the Islamic College of South Australia will be made in the coming weeks.
Why is it that Simon Birmingham is reluctant to inform the public how this investigation came about in the first place?
Here’s just a couple of facts:
• Federal and State funding is paid to schools based on the number of students, usually paid at the beginning of the year.
• Greenacre is situated in South West Sydney and is not accredited, therefore not entitled to funding.
• Both Hoxton Park and Beaumont Hills schools that should be separate entities have been working under Greenacre. If Greenacre closes so will Hoxton Park and Beaumont.
• AFIC, Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, buys the land to build the schools and then charges the school rent.
• Allegedly, around $4 million dollars was paid to AFIC for rent, but receipts show only approx. $900,000 was paid. Rent was paid 5 years in advance so more land could be purchased.
• It is noted that the Greenacre board of Directors are the same as those on the AFIC board of Directors, which clearly contravenes the rules of government grants.
• Since January 2005 till today, approximately $163 million dollars has been paid in Commonwealth grants and also collecting millions from State government grants.
• Apart from the $163 million dollars, the Commonwealth has handed over $16 million dollars in GST. The state government has also handed over a considerable sum in GST. Because the schools are a religious organisation and registered as a charity, they are not obliged to pay GST. Therefore the GST component has been pocketed. Both the state and commonwealth governments have misappropriated millions of taxpayers’ dollars through mismanagement and lack of investigation.
• The Government has asked that the $19 million be paid back, but MFIS is now calling this racism.
• Mr Barrett now a principal at a Brisbane school, was also the principal at Greenacres.
Simon Birmingham said, “The review does look very closely at the governance structures of the school, whether the school board or at least the board of the approved authority to receive the funds is independent from any other entity, and there are concerns about that. It equally has a very close look at matters in relation to how the funds are used and whether those funds are used exclusively for the school and again, there are concerns that exist in those areas”.
This makes me sick to my stomach to think we fund organisations that cheat and misappropriate monies, not only for personal reasons, but to further their cause that in turn will bring mayhem on our streets. The Turnbull government couldn’t find $10 million dollars to keep the Queensland Nickel Refinery operating and 700 people employed. With over 500,000 Muslims compared to 700 workers, we know where the bigger vote lies.
With approximately $10 million dollars collected from Halal certification in Australia, how much goes to fund Islamic schools, mosques and charities?
Why are taxpayers funding their schools?