Taxi sexual assault victim could have avoided attack, says driver’s lawyer
“She sat in the front seat … she was advised by her mum not to do that,” barrister Ben Mallick, acting for driver Omar Hassan, told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court.
“She can avoid this happening by doing what other women do … by sitting in the back seat.” The point was rejected by Magistrate Andrew Capell and Mr Mallick agreed not to press it.
This is the same kind of idiocy, the same kind of preemptive submission suggested by the mayor of Cologne, after 1000 ‘rapefugees’ attacked German women on New Year’s Eve of 2015-16.
She actually blamed them for not covering up….
Migrant rape fears spread across Europe: Women told not to go out at night alone after assaults carried out in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland amid warnings gangs are co-ordinating attacks
- Sweden has issued warnings to women to be wary of potential attacks
- 15 young women have reported being groped by men in Kalmar, Sweden
- Austrian police have come under fire after claims attacks were covered-up
- Finnish police say they have information that the attacks are co-ordinated
- Vienna’s police chief advises women not to go out on the streets alone
- Cologne police chief Wolfgang Albers relieved of his duties over handling of New Year’s Eve sex attacks
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3390168/Migrant-rape-fears-spread-Europe-Women-told-not-night-assaults-carried-Sweden-Finland-Germany-Austria-Switzerland-amid-warnings-gangs-ordinating-attacks.html#ixzz48bpNkojz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook