‘One dead and 20 injured’ after bombs hit Thailand resort town of Hua Hin

 in  now in lockdown, after 2 bombs went off. At least 1 person killed and 12 more injured

siren

Yep. Its those “separatist rebels” again:

At least one person was killed and 20 others were injured on Thursday in a twin bomb attack in the popular Thailand resort of Hua Hin.

Foreign tourists were among those hurt by the bombs, which were hidden in two plant pots, police said.

At least four people were said to be in a critical condition last night, and  it was unclear whether any British nationals were injured in the attack.

Police said the explosives were detonated remotely via mobile phone and had been placed roughly 160ft apart. The bombs went off within half an hour of each other, according to the BBC.

Sitthichai Srisopacharoenrat said the victim who died was a Thai women. Initial reports on social media said she was a market vendor.

One eyewitness said a man and his child were badly injured in the attack and had “bones sticking out of their legs.”

Another, a British man named Mark Gainsford, told the BBC: “I heard people shouting ‘Bomb! Bomb!’ but I didn’t hear any blast.”

“I ran out to see if I could help. I saw eight to 10 people injured, on the floor. The police arrived very quickly.”

A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are seeking further information following an incident in Hua Hin, Thailand.

“We stand ready to provide assistance to any British nationals involved.”

Separatist rebels frequently carry out attacks in Thailand’s southern provinces, but bombings in the country’s tourist areas are rare.

Hua Hin is a coastal resort on the Gulf of Thailand and is popular with locals as well as foreign tourists. In April 2016, the resort made headlines after an elderly British couple were knocked unconscious by local thugs.

CCTV footage showed a brief argument before the attackers kicked and punched Rosemary Owen, 65, and her husband, Lewis, 68.

Mrs Owen suffered a serious head injury and had to be rushed to hospital, where doctors drained a build-up of fluid from around her skull. Her husband needed several stitches to his head. Her son, John Owen, 43, was also injured in the attack, which took place during Thai New Year celebrations.

Four Thai men confessed to the vicious assault and were jailed for two years after issuing an apology to the family.

Aftermath of twin bomb attack in Hua Hin

A security official investigated the scene of a double bomb blast in Hua Hin, Thailand, which has reportedly left at least one person dead, reports Charlotte Krol.

One thought on “‘One dead and 20 injured’ after bombs hit Thailand resort town of Hua Hin”

  1. I wonder for how much longer the excuses of
    “The perpetrators are known to have been suffering from mental health issues “…….
    will be fed to us?
    Okay, let’s try the perpetrators are the victims card here….

    “They were bullied at school ”
    “They witnessed horrifying atrocities in their own land ”
    “They don’t know how to conduct themselves in the Western civilisation ”
    “Blah blah blah excuses excuses excuses,fill in the spaces yourselves, with your own ludicrous appeasement to suit the attacks “…..
    ………
    Now we’re being made to feel sympathy for the terrorists.
    Will this latest tactic train us into feelings of empathy for them?

    Just to ensure this, let’s have one more famous media/government warcry……

    “This has nothing to do with islam “

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *