Germany: Manhunt on for Muslim migrant who plotted airport jihad massacre

And three other Muslims have already been arrested. Merkel’s solution? More Muslim migrants. Hillary’s solution? More Muslim migrants in the U.S. as well. It’s civilizational suicide.

German police7

“Chemnitz on lockdown as German police track 22-year-old Syrian suspected of airport bomb plot,” by Rory Mulholland, Telegraph, October 8, 2016, via Jihad Watch:

German police have launched a massive manhunt last night for a Syrian man with links to the Islamic State who is suspected of planning an “imminent” bomb attack on an airport.

The hunt for the 22-year-old named as Jaber Al Bakr began after police found “several hundred grammes of highly explosive materials” in a flat believed to have been used by the suspect in the eastern city of Chemnitz. 

Police also made three arrests in the town of persons who were “contacts or at least known to the suspect”. 

The explosives were found after hundreds of police officers sealed off a residential district in Chemnitz before bursting into the flat believed to have been used by the suspect.

They set off an explosion to blow open the door and gain access after warning residents of the neighbourhood to stay indoors. 

The deployment followed a tip-off from Germany’s domestic intelligence service, although the “where, when, how and why” of the planned attack remained unclear, said Tom Bernhardt, a police spokesman in the Saxony region where the town is located.

Local media said a German airport was the target, while the DPA news agency quoted security sources as saying the suspect had links with the Islamic State (Isil), which has claimed responsibility for a series of terror attacks across Europe over the past two years.

Police issued a wanted notice with pictures of Mr AlBakr in a dark-coloured hooded sweatshirt with an “eye-catching” pattern on the front, and appealed to the public to call them with any information on his whereabouts.

“We must assume that this person is dangerous,” said police spokesman Mr Bernhardt. He said it was not yet known if the suspect arrived in Germany in the massive influx of asylum seekers over the past year and a half. Germany took in 890,000 asylum-seekers last year, and Syrians fleeing civil war were the single largest group.

But Mr Bernhardt said the Syrian, who was born in the Damascus region, had been on the radar of German intelligence services for some time in the city of Cologne, from where domestic security agents sent the warning “of a serious threat” to police in Saxony on Friday evening.

He said he did not yet know the nationalities of the three people arrested in Chemnitz in connection with the hunt for the alleged would-be bomber. Germany has been on edge after suffering two attacks claimed by Isil in July – an axe rampage on a train in Wuerzburg that injured five and a suicide bombing in Ansbach that left 15 wounded….

Here in German:

Großeinsatz der Polizei in Chemnitz wegen Verdachts auf Sprengstoffanschlag

chemnitzWegen eines möglichen Sprengstoffanschlags läuft seit Samstagmorgen ein Großeinsatz der Polizei in einem Chemnitzer Plattenbauviertel. „Es besteht der Verdacht der Vorbereitung eines Sprengstoffanschlags“, sagte eine Sprecherin des Landeskriminalamtes in Dresden. Ein Haus im Fritz-Heckert-Wohngebiet wurde evakuiert, eine Wohnung von Einsatzkräften gestürmt. Die Hintergründe sind derzeit unklar.

Update: Die Polizei sucht nach dem 22-jährigen syrischen „Flüchtling“ Jaber Albakr (Foto), der einen Sprengstoffanschlag auf einen deutschen Flughafen geplant haben soll.  [mehr]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *