POLICE returned to a property in Melbourne’s north where terror raids were carried out on Friday morning…

Australia

Ibrahim Abbas, 22, is the fourth man charged with planning a terror act. His lawyer said he requested a Koran & prayer mat

Trying to kill in name of Islam should deny you a Koran and prayer mat. Enough is enough.

A video branding Christmas a “riotous occasion” for Christians to get drunk and party was among material posted on social media accounts of one of the arrested.

It brands Santa Claus an “evil demon of the north”.

Report below the fold.

Muslims and their leftist enablers tell us we must get used to Islamic terrorism

FBI Warns of Possible Bombings in Catholic Churches. This is Life with Muslims. Great, Huh?👌 Stay VIGILANT & Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS🙏🎄

Huge funds raised for Berlin victim’s family 

A crowdfunding campaign has raised over $A236,000 for the family of Polish truck driver Lukasz Urban who was killed as he apparently tried to seize back control of his vehicle that was used in an attack on a Berlin Christmas market.

The campaign was started by British truck driver Dave Duncan on Tuesday, a day after a man believed to be Anis Amri – shot dead by police on Friday – attacked Lukasz and ploughed the Polish man’s truck into a Christmas market, killing 12 people.

Lukasz, 37, was found dead in the cabin of the truck with multiple stab wounds and a gunshot wound, Urban’s cousin Ariel Zurawski said.

Germany’s Bild newspaper reported that Urban’s autopsy indicated he was stabbed while still alive, apparently trying to grab the steering wheel to prevent his attacker from driving the truck into the crowded market.

The story of Obama’s Presidency in 18 holes:

UPDATE: POLICE returned to a property in Melbourne’s north where terror raids were carried out on Friday morning.

Two police cars blocked off a section of Blackwood Crescent, Campbellfield, due to a police operation.

In a statement released to the Herald Sun, Victoria Police said: “As this relates to an ongoing investigation, it is not appropriate to comment further.

“Safety of the community and our members is paramount and more information will be released when it is safe to do so.”

Police outside the Campbellfield home on Christmas Eve. Picture: Hamish Blair

Police outside the Campbellfield home on Christmas Eve. Picture: Hamish BlairSource:News Corp Australia

The Herald Sun also saw two women dressed in burkas on the property, as Australian Federal Police investigators seized several items.

A neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “My girlfriend doesn’t feel safe, she wants to move and I don’t blame her.”

The neighbour said the police had been at the house all morning.

AFP investigators and police left the scene just before 3pm.

Shortly after, a Herald Sun reporter and photographer were threatened and had their car window smashed by a car load of angry men.

The reporter and photographer were not injured.

The investigation is ongoing.

Police remove items from the house. Picture: Herald Sun

Police remove items from the house. Picture: Herald SunSource:News Corp Australia

Police remove items the house. Picture: Herald Sun

Police remove items the house. Picture: Herald SunSource:News Corp Australia

Earlier, a fourth alleged suicide bomber was remanded in custody following terror raids across Melbourne on Friday.

Ibrahim Abbas, 22, appeared at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning and was charged in relation to planning a terrorist attack.

Abbas appeared with a shaven head and a mid-length beard and wearing a grey jumper and sporting a black swollen eye.

His legal aid defence lawyer Therese Wattis said Abbas had sustained possible head injuries and needed to see a doctor.

Ms Wattirs said Abbas requested a Koran and prayer mat but Magistrate Steven Raeleigh said: “I’ll make a note of that but it’s up to prison authorities.”

Abbas did not apply for bail and will reappear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on April 28, 2017.

POLICE ALLEGE CBD SUICIDE BOMB PLOT

WOULD-be suicide bombers allegedly planned to blow up the heart of Melbourne on Christmas Day in a terror attack aimed at unleashing destruction and causing mass casualties.

Flinders St station, Federation Square and St Paul’s Cathedral were allegedly major targets of an Islamic State-inspired plot. It’s claimed common household goods were stockpiled at the Meadow Heights home of the group’s suspected ringleader to fuel the deadly blast.

About 400 heavily armed police late on Thursday stormed properties across Melbourne’s north and west to avert what authorities branded an immediate terror threat.

.

.Source:Herald Sun

Three men aged in their 20s on Friday faced court on Commonwealth terror charges.

A fourth was charged on Friday night. Two other men and a woman were questioned and released.

The charges make it an offence to do any act in preparation or planning for a terrorist act. If found guilty they could face life in prison.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton says there is evidence to suggest there were plans for an “explosive act”, which had the power to injure or kill a “substantial” number of people.

“Certainly these are self-radicalised, we believe, but inspired by IS and IS propaganda,” he said.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton says there is evidence to suggest there were plans for an “explosive act”.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton says there is evidence to suggest there were plans for an “explosive act”.Source:Herald Sun

Police have been put on high alert for reprisal attacks but stressed Victorians should go about their business.

Security will be ramped up at major events including tonight’s Carols by Candlelight and the Boxing Day Test.

The Herald Sun has been told the accused plotters discussed martyrdom, suggesting they may have been willing to die in the foiled attack.

Authorities are pursuing a suicide bombing as a line of inquiry.

A video branding Christmas a “riotous occasion” for Christians to get drunk and party was among material posted on social media accounts of one of the arrested.

It brands Santa Claus an “evil demon of the north”.

Police revealed the accused had come to their attention some time ago but the terror threat accelerated in the past fortnight. They will allege the group intended to conduct a “multi-mode” attack and were so intent on causing havoc they had already conducted a reconnaissance mission in the Flinders St station precinct.

.

.Source:Herald Sun

Victoria Police, Australian Federal Police and ASIO officers swung into action on Thursday night — raiding homes in Meadow Heights, Dallas, Campbellfield, Flemington and Gladstone Park.

Investigators late on Friday remained at the Meadow Heights home of the accused plotters’ suspected ringleader 24-year-old Ahmed Mohamed. The Egyptian-born man is believed to have lived in a bungalow joined to the main house in Manna Ct.

A 20-year-old woman believed to hold “concerning views” and a 26-year-old man were also arrested but released.

Residents at the home raided in Campbellfield — bearing a smashed window where police threw a smoke bomb — told the Herald Sun they were “not interested” when approached.

A neighbour said he first heard of the raid, in which an unknown 22-year-old man was arrested, when his wife screamed that someone was in their backyard. “I went out and saw this big guy with a machine gun and he just looked at me and said, ‘go back inside’,” the father said.

“He then propped his gun on the edge of the fence and pointed it towards their house.

“Then there was a loud bang. They threw a smoke bomb through their front window. There was a lot of commotion. It was really scary.

“We’re from Syria and my wife was really shaken up about it as we came here to live a safe life. My kids were scared and crying.”

.

.Source:Herald Sun

The family living at the targeted Blackwood Crescent house had only been there about 12 months and had always kept to themselves, residents said.

The Herald Sun also visited a Flemington townhouse where residents told how armed police came in “like stealth” to arrest 21-year-old Hamza Abbas, who it’s understood lives with his mother at the Woodcock Close housing commission property.

A fourth man, 21-year-old Zak Dabboussi, was arrested at Gladstone Park where elder brother Ahmed said more than two dozen armed police stormed the Kingsmere Close home. Mr Dabboussi was later released without charge.

A fifth man, 26-year-old Abdullah Chaarani, was arrested in Millewa Crescent in Dallas.

.

.Source:Herald Sun

Premier Daniel Andrews said the alleged plot was not an act of religious observance or faith, it was an “act of evil”.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said: “This is one of the most substantial terrorist plots that has been disrupted over the last several years.”

Commissioner Ashton said all evidence pointed to a Christmas Day attack.

“They have been people we have been concerned about but over the past fortnight — that has accelerated to where we’ve had to conduct a criminal investigation relating to the formation of what we believe is a terrorist plot,’’ Mr Ashton said.

“We believe we have neutralised this threat.”

Mr Mohamed, Mr Abbas and Mr Chaarani faced Melbourne Magistrates’ Court charged with planning a terrorist act. They did not apply for bail and were remanded to reappear on April 28.

Accused Melbourne terror plotters face court

A woman dressed in a niqab shoved a Herald Sun photographer as emotions ran high outside the court.

A 22-year-old man was on Friday night charged in an out-of sessions court hearing with committing acts in preparation or planning for a terrorist act.

He was remanded to face the Melbourne Magistrates Court this morning.

MAYHEM OUTSIDE COURT

DRESSED all in black, the two women in niqabs walked through teams of Protective Services Officers guarding Melbourne Magistrates’ Court.

They were there to support their men, who are accused of planning a Christmas massacre. In hyper-vigilant scenes before the men arrived in the dock, Lonsdale St was cordoned off to get the alleged terror plotters to the cells that sit below the court.

A woman dressed in a niqab lashing out at a photographer. Picture: David Caird

A woman dressed in a niqab lashing out at a photographer. Picture: David CairdSource:News Corp Australia

And after the courtroom scenes were over, there was an outburst of anger by supporters as photographers were jostled and swatted at by the women who watched the latest accused men remanded in jail until April. But inside courtroom one, things were calm.

There were tears for Ahmed Mohamed, 24, who faces the Commonwealth charge of planning a terrorist attack. The woman’s face was covered, but her sobs were audible.

Her apparent husband was the final hearing of the first three young men all accused of plotting a terror attack.

His co-accused, Abdullah Chaarani and Hamza Abbas, were both remanded in jail in very similar court hearings presided over by straight-talking magistrate Tim Bourke.

It will be late April before they return unless they want to head to the Supreme Court to try to get bail. But on Friday, none of them applied. It would not have been entertained.

Mr Abbas, through his lawyer, Jessie Smith, requested a nurse for soft-tissue injuries caused during his arrest.

Mr Mohamed had a pre-existing back ailment he needed medicated.

A woman dressed in a niqab lashing out at a photographer. Picture: David Caird

A woman dressed in a niqab lashing out at a photographer. Picture: David CairdSource:News Corp Australia

Two arrested men and a woman have been released. Another faced an out-of-sessions hearing on Friday night.

Protected by older women, possibly their mothers, the Muslim women kept eye contact with the two men that were escorted into the dock.

The young terror accused men did not react.

The most animated was Mr Mohamed.

At the end of his court hearing he looked towards his supporters and motioned with his hands. They understood.

He may have wanted his copy of the Koran. Then again, he may have just wanted a notepad to write in.

Outside court, however, there was a reaction.

As photographers jostled for a clear picture, one of the women batted away the lensmen by swiping at them.

Earlier in the day there were frantic phone calls as these alleged terrorists tried desperately to grasp the gravity of the situation.

Their Aussie accents were unmistakeable. Their alleged intentions unimaginable.

james.dowling2@news.com.au

— with REBEKAH CAVANAGH, WES HOSKING AND MARK BUTTLER

Originally published asAFP seize items from terror raid house

One thought on “POLICE returned to a property in Melbourne’s north where terror raids were carried out on Friday morning…”

  1. Questions about the second graphic from the top:
    1. What is on the dog’s tag and its significance?
    2. Who is the man wearing the hoodie?
    3. What is the emblem on the flag pole on the right and its significance?

Comments are closed.