Istanbul attack: Gunmen ‘dressed as Santa’ open fire at nightclub in Turkey
“Gunmen” have attacked a famous nightclub in Istanbul during New Year’s Eve celebrations, reportedly injuring scores of people, local media reported.
There has been no claim of responsibility so far for the attack, but experts say the needle of suspicion points at the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group, which has repeatedly targeted civilians in Turkey in recent months.
- Gunman ‘dressed as Santa’ opens fire in Istanbul nightclub
- Governor says at least 35 dead, 40 wounded
- Fate of the the attacker unknown
- Witnesses describe panic in club
- British tourists urged to be vigilant