Paris: Machete-wielding Muslim screaming “Allahu akbar” attacks French soldiers at the Louvre
Cue the next round of establishment propaganda media stories about “Islamophobia” and a “dark view” of Islam.
How long are the French going to keep importing people among whom are unknowable numbers of enemy combatants?
“Machete-wielding man slumps to the ground after being shot in the stomach at the Louvre museum as he attacked French soldiers while screaming ‘Allahu Akbar,’” by Dave Burke and Peter Allen, MailOnline, February 3, 2017:
A terror probe has been launched in Paris after a machete-wielding man was shot after trying to attack four soldiers outside the Louvre.
The suspect was shot five times in the stomach and is in a critical condition.
He was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ – Arabic for ‘God is the greatest’ – according to the Paris prefect, and reportedly had paint bombs in his backpack.
Leaders damn Trumps’ ban. Then jihadists attack
French president Francois Hollande attacked Donald Trump’s temporary ban on refugees and visitors from troubled Muslim countries, urging Europe to have a “firm response”.
But yesterday a French soldier guarding the Louvre was attacked by a jihadist who’d flown in from Egypt. Wouldn’t French voters actually want Trump-style bans, too?
France’s Mr Hollande warned Mr Trump against withdrawing from democratic principles, “in particular the acceptance of refugees”.
“Faced with an unstable and uncertain world, withdrawal into oneself is a dead-end response,” Mr Hollande said.
A man who attacked soldiers with a machete near the Louvre art gallery in Paris has been identified as Egyptian national Abdullah Reda al-Hamamy.
The 29-year-old was shot and wounded by police after he launched an attack on a soldier who was guarding the entrance to the Carrousel du Louvre shopping centre…
Michel Cadot, the head of Paris police, said the man was shouting “Allahu Akbar” and injured the soldier’s scalp before being shot at…
In a press conference on Friday evening, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said the man was an Egyptian national who had entered the country on a one-month tourist visa issued in Dubai on 26 January.
I really don’t think Trump’s plan for “extreme vetting” of travellers from jihad-plagued countries is really as unreasobale as so many journalists and world leaders claim.
In Australia, same story. Labor leader Bill Shorten damned Trump’s ban:
Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has slammed US President Donald Trump’s ban on immigration from seven predominantly-Muslim countries as “appalling”, arguing Australia should not stay silent on the decision that has shocked the world.
A member of a large Sydney terrorist cell raised his index finger and grinned at supporters after being sentenced to four years in jail for breaching a control order by watching extremist videos on YouTube.
Ahmad Saiyer Naizmand, 22, who has previously been convicted of using his brother’s passport to leave Australia after his own passport was cancelled, watched a series of videos promoting terrorist attacks on his mobile phone.
Naizmand, a labourer from western Sydney, was at the time subject to a strict terrorism control order which, among other conditions, banned him from accessing propaganda or promotional material from terror group Islamic State.
A Federal Circuit Court judge imposed the order in 2015 finding that Naizmand was part of a close-knit group in Sydney that supported IS and had a desire to become martyrs. Naizmand’s name had also been mentioned in an intercepted telephone call relating to the plotting of a terrorist attack in Australia.
Naizmand is the brother-in-law of suspected terrorist Omarjan Azari, who allegedly planned to pick an “unbeliever” in Sydney and kill them in front of an IS flag…
The court heard Naizmand was born in Kabul in Afghanistan and his family fled to Pakistan as refugees.
Yet another example. German chancellor Angela Merkel also attacked Trump’s temporary ban on travellers from mainly Muslim countries plagued by jihadist threats:
Angela Merkel has criticised Donald Trump’s ban on some Muslim immigration, saying it is “not justified to put people from a specific background or faith under general suspicion” to combat terrorism.
The 36-year-old was detained in Frankfurt in Germany’s Hesse state after anti-terror units targeted 54 properties.
He is suspected of recruiting and leading a 16-member ISIS cell that was ‘planning an attack in Germany… but which was foiled at an early stage without a target being chosen’, prosecutors said.
Wouldn’t German’s also welcome Trump-style bans and “extreme vetting”?