As if on cue: who tells the press to turn every story about Islamic terrorism into a bleeding heart sympathy story for the perps?
‘My wife gets called a terrorist’: Muslim man living in Young says he is labelled ‘scum’ and told to ‘get some pork on your fork’ at the supermarket – as he recalls meeting accused ‘bush terrorist’ at the mosque
- Members of Muslim community in Young have spoken out after Tuesday’s arrest
- Haisem Zahab was charged with foreign incursion offences in anti-terrorism raid
- Neighbours said the incident has made the town fearful of Muslim community
- Young resident Mohammad Carson converted to Islam in the town at age 41
- He said his wife is called a terrorist when she walks down the street in a niqab
- Mr Corson said he had occasionally seen Zahab at the mosque for Friday prayers
A Muslim man who converted to Islam after living in Young for 41 years has revealed other locals call his wife ‘a terrorist’ when she walks down the street in her niqab.
In 2007, Mohammed Carson, who describes himself as a ‘white true blue Aussie guy’, changed his name from Tom and joined the Islamic faith after being married to his wife for eight years.
After electrician Haisem Zahab, 42, was charged over a terror plot to develop ‘high-tech missiles’ for ISIS in the NSW town with a population of just 4,000, Mr Carson fears attacks on the 200 local Muslim families will now get worse.
‘I was with my wife the other day and someone called out, “Look there is the effing scum of Young”,’ Mr Carson told Daily Mail Australia.
In 2007, Mohammed Carson, who describes himself as a ‘white true blue Aussie guy’, changed his name from Tom and joined the Islamic faith. He is pictured here outside his home in Young
The father-of-two lives in a house adorned with Islamic writing which reads ‘Allah’ and ‘Mohammad’.
‘If I knew any one planning any kind of attack I would be the first one down to the cop shop,’ he said.
‘ISIL isn’t religious – it isn’t my religion – it is a group in the Middle East run by hate.’ …
Mohammed doesn’t seem to know much about his religion. ISIL is very religious, everything they do is supported by the Qur’an, sira & hadith. Its leaders are Islamic scholars who know their stuff. Is Mohammed a heretic?