Color me sceptical: I don’t believe they’ll ever pay a cent.
Burqa-wearing Muslim wife of terrorist recruiter must cough up $250,000 for failed lawsuit – AND faces jail for ‘refusing to stand for a judge because she only stands for Allah’
- Moutia Elzahed and her family have 28 days to cough up the funds
- NSW District Court ruled Ms Elzahed, husband and teenage sons must pay up
- Legal costs included $95,000 for the AFP and $150,000 for NSW Police
- Lawsuit over counter-terrorism raids on her modest home failed last year
- She has other problems relating to last year’s District Court appearance
- Elzahed was charged with nine counts of disrespecting a court
- She faces possible jail time if found guilty of the charges
Australia: Muslims behind bars
are trying to forcibly convert fellow inmates to Islam, often with threats of violence.
- Muslim inmates at a NSW jail tried to forcibly convert fellow inmates to Islam
- Their behaviour sparked a fight when non-Muslim prisoners objected to this
- Prison guards were able to break up the fight ‘before it got out of hand’ in the jail
The burqa-wearing wife of a convicted terrorist recruiter and her family will have to cough up $250,000 in legal costs after losing a court battle.
The NSW District Court has ruled Moutia Elzahed, her husband and teenage sons must pay $95,000 to the Federal Police and more than $150,000 to NSW police.
Friday’s ruling comes after Ms Elzahed lost her bid to sue both agencies last December over claims of assault during a counter-terrorism raid on her Revesby home.
She claimed she was punched and handcuffed in an ‘aggressive and hurtful manner’ when police stormed her south-western Sydney home that September.
Costs trouble: Moutia Elzahed, front, is pictured during a New South Wales District Court hearing last year
Prison: Her husband, Hamdi Alqudsi, is serving jail time after being convicted of terrorist recruitment