- 13 Dead, 100 Injured in Barcelona Truck Terror Attack
Islamic State Claims Responsibility
4 More Suspects Dead as Police Thwart 2nd Spain Attack
Van of Peace Culturally Enriches Barcelona
A TERRORIST who rammed a van into shoppers on Las Ramblas, killing 13 and leaving more than 100 injured, could still be on the run in Barcelona as police reveal he is not among those arrested.
Armed Police search Barcelona streets following attack
• Two policemen were hit by driver outside of the city, but officials are yet to confirm if the events were connected
• Police confirmed 13 dead and more than 100 injured, 15 have sustained serious injuries. Belgian tourist confirmed dead, as well as three German nationals
• Two people have been arrested and another is currently on the run – local media have reported one man was also shot dead
• Another man has been reportedly been arrested in Catalan town of Ripoll in connection with the attack
• ISIS have claimed responsibility for the attack
• Spanish PM Mariano Rajoy has confirmed attack was ‘jihadist’
• Bomb squad have carried out searches across the city
• Man being hunted by police has claimed his ID was stolen
• Explosion at a house yesterday confirmed to be linked to terror attack, Spanish police have revealed
• And another terror plot been foiled in Cambrils, 68 miles south west of Barcelona, just after midnight on Friday
• Five suspects killed and one arrested, more injured in a shootout with the police
Las Ramblas terror attack: People hit by van on Las Ramblas
Catalan police confirmed they killed multiple “perpetuators of a terrorist attack” in the town.
The raid in the coastal town of Cambrils is linked to a “possible terrorist attack”, Catalan police reported.
They would not say whether it was linked to the Barcelona attack.
Las Ramblas terror attack: Barcelona tourists killed in the street by van driver
Urgent messages were released by police as they hunted a man in connection with the terror attack.
However, Spanish media said Driss Oukabir has handed himself in in the town of Ripoll, in Gerona, insisting his ID had been stolen.
Two men have been arrested – one from Morocco and one from the Spanish enclave of Melilla, North Africa.
La Vanguardia newspaper said one of the suspected perpetrators had been killed in a shootout with police on the outskirts of Barcelona, but this was unconfirmed.
Meanwhile, Catalan police said a driver hit two officers as they held a road block outside of Barcelona.
It is currently unclear if the incidents were linked.
A house explosion on Wednesday in which one person died has been confirmed to be linked to the terror strike.
The incident in Catalonia was caused by a build up of gas at around 10.15pm the night before the attack, authorities said.
Las Ramblas: Terror in Barcelona as at least 13 dead
Bomb squad officers have formed a ring of steel around the city as they activate their planned response to terror.
A police Twitter statement said: “If you are in the area of Plaça Catalunya in Barcelona stay where you are until the police says that you can get (out).”
Las Ramblas terror – Barcelona revellers hit by van
Las Ramblas terror: Man cared for in the street after attack
Witness Tom Gueller told the BBC: “I heard screams and a bit of a crash and then I just saw the crowd parting and this van going full pelt down the middle of the Ramblas and I immediately knew that it was a terrorist attack or something like that.
“It wasn’t slowing down at all. It was just going straight through the middle of the crowds.”