French Muslim student leader : “All Whites need to be gassed “
A Safe Space For Women in Berlin
Organisers of Berlin’s New Year’s Eve celebrations are to set up a “safe zone” for women for the first time.
The new security measures planned for the Brandenburg Gate party come amid concerns about sexual assaults.
A large number of assaults and robberies targeting women at Cologne’s New Year’s Eve celebrations two years ago horrified Germany.
The ‘driverless terror plot’: Fish and chip shop boss, 31, and his alleged accomplice, 22, ‘planned a Christmas massacre by building a remote control car bomb to detonate from a laptop’
- Andy Star, 31, and Farhad Salah, 22, were arrested on December 19 in Yorkshire
- Friends accused of plotting to set off a bomb in the UK, court heard today
- Both men, of Iraqi origin, spoke only confirm their name, age and address
- Star’s lawyer Sajad Chaudhury said client will plead not guilty to terror charge
- Star and Salah will appear together again at the Old Bailey on January 19
A chip shop owner terror suspect and his friend appeared in court today accused of planning to build a remote control car bomb to detonate from a laptop for an alleged Christmas massacre.
Fish and chip shop owner Andy Star, 31, and Farhad Salah, 22, were arrested on December 19 in a series of early morning raids in the Chesterfield and Sheffield areas of South Yorkshire.
Today both appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates Court via video link from Leeds Magistrates Court.
Both men, of Iraqi origin, spoke only confirm their name, age and address, and are both accused of a single terror count, which they will deny.