Australia: After jihad stabbing, Home Affairs Minister says “This scourge is with us for a long period of time”
“Last week there was a terrible incident that took place in Melbourne. Sadly it’s not the first terrorist-related incident to take place in Melbourne. We need to recognise this scourge is with us, and with us for a long period of time.”
But why, Mr. Dutton? Why is this scourge with us for a long period of time? One reason is because you and your colleagues refuse to name it for what it is, or to deal with its ideological roots. Thus it can and will keep cropping up in ways you do not anticipate, as in this case with Momena Shoma. Another reason is because of immigration policies that your government indefatigably pursues, bringing in Muslim migrants among whom are always an unknowable number of jihad terrorists, without even making any serious attempt to screen them (which is well-nigh impossible anyway).
So yes, you’re right, sir: this scourge will be with Australia for a long period of time. And if Australia survives as a free nation, future generations will point at you and your colleagues for bringing that scourge upon your nation.
“Peter Dutton says the ‘scourge’ of Islamic State terrorism in Australia is here to stay – after a burqa-wearing Bangladeshi student, 24, ‘stabbed a man in his sleep in an ISIS-inspired attack,’” Daily Mail Australia, February 12, 2018:
Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton says the ‘scourge’ of Islamic State will be with Australia for a long time, after another alleged terror attack in Melbourne.
Momena Shoma, 24, is accused of stabbing a 56-year-old man in the neck and shoulder at his Mill Park home while he was asleep with his five-year-old daughter on Friday.
‘Last week there was a terrible incident that took place in Melbourne. Sadly it’s not the first terrorist-related incident to take place in Melbourne,’ Mr Dutton told parliament on Monday.
‘We need to recognise this scourge is with us, and with us for a long period of time.’
Mr Dutton praised Victoria’s anti-terror police and ASIO for preventing more attacks: ‘There’s a lot of work that goes on around the clock that Australians aren’t aware of.’
Shoma, the Bangladeshi national who allegedly attacked the 56-year-old father at his Callistemon Rise home in Mill Park on Friday afternoon has been charged with engaging in a terrorist act….
Good thing they took away the people’s firearms, right?
In fact, they took away the right to EFFECTIVELY defend ourselves and our families in our own homes. Successfully beat home invader/multiple invaders to a pulp and you get charged by the police. How ridiculous is that?