Deport, deport, deport!

Isis issues coronavirus travel advice: terrorists should avoid Europe

ISIS is steering clear of Europe because of the coronavirus. Having previously urged its supporters to attack European cities, the group is now advising members to “stay away from the land of the epidemic” in case they become infected. The group has issued …Read More…From the Sunday Times
***

Iran: ‘Zionists Developed the Coronavirus’

That was predictable like clockwork. 

Iranian doctors treat a coronavirus patient.

Having already speculated that the coronavirus is an American-made biological weapon, the Iranian regime took the next natural step over the weekend and claimed the disease was created by “Zionists” who want to start a war with Iran.

****

 Gang who raped ‘vulnerable’ Sheffield girl jailed for 70 years
 Again the newspapers add up every sentence of all the defendants to get a total that sounds like the law is punishing robustly.  Jasim Mohammed, Nzar Anwar, Kawan Ahmed and Shangar Ibrahimi, who were said to have treated the vulnerable youngster as “a piece of meat”, …Read More…From the Huddersfield Examiner.
*****

Legal Aid says no to funding mosque-bombing terror trio’s appeals

Time to include this statistic on all pending mosque site applications –
i.e. when Sunni followers decide to attack others for not being ‘ Islamic enough ‘ in their blind following of the barbarian – ideology – you will have a war in your lovely suburb courtesy of these nut cases.

Three terrorists who were jailed for firebombing a Melbourne mosque might not have their appeals heard unless Victoria Legal Aid reverses a decision to not fund their cases.

Abdullah Chaarani, Ahmed Mohamed and Hatim Moukhaiber were found guilty last year of an Islamic State-inspired attack on a Shiite mosque in Fawkner in December 2016 in what a jury was told was a sectarian terror act aimed at advancing their devotion to extreme Sunni Islam.

Moukhaiber was jailed for at least 12 years, while Mohamed and Chaarani won’t be eligible for parole for at least 28 years as they were also found guilty of being part of a conspiracy to plan a terror attack on Federation Square, which they intended to carry out in the weeks after torching the mosque.

The fire at the mosque caused $1.5 million worth of damage but no one was inside.

The three men want to challenge their convictions, but the Court of Appeal heard on Friday that Victoria Legal Aid had refused to fund their appeals. Their lawyers have asked that that decision be reviewed.

The appeal hearings are listed for next week, so Court of Appeal Justice Phillip Priest had defence lawyers and a Legal Aid lawyer appear on Friday, when he described the uncertainty as “wholly unsatisfactory”.

The judges scheduled to hear the appeals, he said, had done a lot of preparatory work.

“To say the least it would be lamentable if that time were to go to waste if the matters were unable to proceed,” Justice Priest said.

He told the defence lawyers to ensure they lodged paperwork asking Legal Aid to review its decision, and urged Legal Aid to finalise its decision and report back on Monday.

The lawyer for Legal Aid did not reveal the reasoning for the decision to not fund the appeals but said the organisation’s timing had “come down to the wire”.

But Justice Priest told her to convey his “extreme displeasure” back to Legal Aid.

“The court is extremely displeased. We have invested a great deal of time and effort ahead of hearings next week,” he said.

Felicity Gerry, QC, for Moukhaiber, said the decision to not fund the appeals was remarkable given the challenge had merit and was important, albeit with legal complexities.

Justice Priest said unless Legal Aid reconsidered its position, the Court of Appeal could have the men represent themselves, ask their lawyers to work pro bono, or adjourn the case. None of those options was satisfactory, he said.

Ibrahaim Abbas, also jailed for terror offences, will have his appeal heard next week after securing Legal Aid funding. But he is challenging the length of his prison sentence.

Abbas was jailed for 24 years after pleading guilty to conspiracy to plan a terror attack and was considered the ringleader of the group who intended to attack people at Federation Square and other Melbourne landmarks at Christmas 2016.

Mohamed, Chaarani and Abbas’ brother, Hamza, were found guilty of the conspiracy charge over the plan to attack Federation Square.

Hamza Abbas was jailed for at least 16 years.

Three terrorists jailed for firebombing Melbourne mosque might not have their appeals heard unless Victoria Legal Aid reverses decision to not fund their cases.

Legal Aid says no to funding mosque-bombing terror trio’s appeals

One thought on “Deport, deport, deport!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.